Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did greddy ever make a bolt on kit for the del sol? if not, would the greddy tdo4 15g kit for a 95 ex, d16z6, fit on a 95 del sol si, d16z6?

also, whats the differance between the 92-95 15g, and the 96-00 19t(i believe?)?

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
did greddy ever make a bolt on kit for the del sol? if not, would the greddy tdo4 15g kit for a 95 ex, d16z6, fit on a 95 del sol si, d16z6?
Yes, the 15G kit will fit a Del Sol.

The kit in general will bolt to any D16, Y or Z.

I've no idea on the 19T kit, I've only had experience with the 15G kit.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
It fits as I have one on my 94 Sol

Honestly, the kit isn't that bad. I picked mine up for less than $700(used of course). If you have light power goals it'll get you up to an easy 200ish whp.

Been reading up, when upgrade time comes, they say the disco potato bolts on for some real fun

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
you can get good numbers from a 15g greddy kit on a build motor, I ran low 13's on my del sol with that kit.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
The 15g kit is the 92-95 and the 19t is the 96-00. The 19t will carry power a little bit better up top but it isn't better enough to justify picking one over the other when you find a used one for sale.

The b kits came with either an 18g or 20g.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
get the 15g kit, and the upgrade the turbo for a 18g, great numbers for sure, for a a/c copmtabile kit.

I'll be doing that on my wagovan

·
Registered
487 Posts
thought the 19t was the b-series version of the kit? :thinking:

oh well, its over priced and under powered anyway....
Like said the 19T kit is the 96-00 version. It comes with the bigger 19T turbo and a set of 320cc injectors (if I remember the size correctly).

get the 15g kit, and the upgrade the turbo for a 18g, great numbers for sure, for a a/c copmtabile kit.

I'll be doing that on my wagovan
The only thing with upgrading to a 18g is that your going to need to shave the block a bit so the turbo will clear and then run the elbow and the downpipe from the 18g.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
The only thing with upgrading to a 18g is that your going to need to shave the block a bit so the turbo will clear and then run the elbow and the downpipe from the 18g.
exactly

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok cool. im thinking of picking up this clean stock 94 del sol si d16z6 5m/t. i plan to rebuild a jdm d15b and bolt on the greddy kit with ported elbow 2.5" dp, and exhaust. id be more than happy with 180 hp from a 1.5l sohc!

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
It'll get you there fo sho.

Just got my email from gpop shop. Upgrade your 15g unit to a 16 or 18g is around $400. Includes machining, balancing and all new parts. I looked in to this as an alternative to buying a 16/18g turbo since they are a tad differant. You would have to clock the cold side to mate to your existing greddy pipes and would then throw off your internal wastegate mounting. Not giving gpop shop a plug or anything but they did good on my toyota ct-26a rebuild and their t3 rebuild kit worked well on punkbombs fleabay turbo rebuild.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
I wouldn't say overpriced. I managed to sell my blue box for 300 bucks, so all in all 1200 for brand new quality components that take the guesswork out for you. Even cheaper if you buy used.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldn't say overpriced. I managed to sell my blue box for 300 bucks, so all in all 1200 for brand new quality components that take the guesswork out for you. Even cheaper if you buy used.

yeah i plan on runnin the blue box till i get my chipped p28 and get to a dyno. then ima sell the blue box

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Hey since this is a Greddy kit questions thread I have a question..... Does somebody make a oil line kit for the Greddy kit 15g??? Do people run restrictors with this kit??
The restrictor is kinda built in to the banjobolt. I'm sure you could find an alternative feed line kit for it

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what kinda power does the stock 15g kit w/ blue box make on stock z6's? basically around 180-200?

what kinda gains can be had if i port the greddy manifold, the greddy elbow and get a 2.5" downpipe made/switch to chipped p28?

i plan to slap the greddy kit with the blue box on a stock z6, and rebuild a jdm d15b on the side with ported d15b vtec head/IM. and port the greddy mani, elbow and get a 2.5"dp, and switching the blue box out for a chipped p28 once i can get to the dyno. i plan to use the stock greddy 15g kit/fmic, ported mani, elbow, 2.5" downpipe, 2.5" high flow cat, 2.5" mandrel piping, 2.5" resonator, (probably a 2.5" e-cutout after the resonator) and an 05-06 rsx-s muffler. hopefully a dc5 itr muffler if i can find one. on a rebuilt "stock" jdm d15b block, ported d15b head/im, maybe bisi 1.2(i think) turbo cam/gear and a d15b/z6 s20 trans with lsd, resurfaced fly wheel and a stage one clutch. i should be able to break 200Whp on a dynotuned p28, correct

·
Registered
487 Posts
I think the usual power with the blue box will be 160whp or so on stock PSI. But don't quote me on that.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
I think the norm like said above is around 160 whp with the blue box. I see no reason 200 whp isn't do able once you up the boost, do the accompanying mods you mentioned, and get a good tune. IIRC levi was running the 15g kit and was making 250 ish whp and about the same tq

1 - 20 of 21 Posts