Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a greddy td04h-15g kit for sale real cheap it does not come with a intercooler even when it was new. greddy says the boost is set and sealed at 5 psi how would i turn the boost up and if i bought a innercooler would i have to get the pipe with it to

·
Registered
Altima
86 Posts
i would personally keep it at 5 psi. but i like reliability

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
im going to answer this question, but you HAVE TO SEARCH MORE!

boost controller.
intercooler requires new piping

read the stickies, search..

·
Registered
Altima
86 Posts
im going to answer this question, but you HAVE TO SEARCH MORE!

boost controller.
intercooler requires new piping

read the stickies, search..
but reading is so HARD!!! lol

seriously though, i should read those...maybe i could start to answer some questions with real answers instead of opinions

·
Registered
Altima
86 Posts
the noob that asked the noob question or the noob that gave the noob answer?

·
Registered
7th Gen Sleeper DD
12 Posts
Turning Up GREDDY Kit Boost

i found a greddy td04h-15g kit for sale real cheap it does not come with a intercooler even when it was new. greddy says the boost is set and sealed at 5 psi how would i turn the boost up and if i bought a innercooler would i have to get the pipe with it to
Kyle, I understand how you feel bro. The 1st thing I wanted to test, or speculate was boost. I reccomend not even thinking about that until you have a full working setup at the factory setting of 5 psi (or 20 psia for u boost-heads out there). If you can't run at 5 psi smoothly or reliably, turning up the boost SIGNIFIGANTLY increases your chances of catastrophic failure (motor go boom), and with stuff like this it's easy to loose focus on what is truly important.

What I'm trying to say is just make it work at 5 psi, then look into changing boost levels. Just my 2 cents.

My build, my tune, my work:

http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/146620-taking-nap.html

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
I run the Greddy turbo setup. If you add an intercooler youll see about 3.5 psi after its installed. At least i did. So the EASIEST way to add boost without butchering your kit is to take the compressor output and run it to a MBC then run it back to the waste gate. But if you run more than 5 psi youll want an intercooler or you'll ping like hell and your motor will fail. And a tune as well lol.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
the greddy kit comes with an adjustable internal wastegate.
the instructions say it is set to 5psi but many people report that is closer to 7.5psi.
as stated earlier you will want an intercooler if you boost more that the orginal setting.
also, being used, the previous owner may have changed the wg setting.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
How does PSI go up by adding a FMIC?
suppose to go down but when you use an intercooler you can run higher psi then not using one. not sure if thats what was trying to be said or not but thats what true.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
greddy kits come with a TD04H-15G mitubishi spec turbo

1 - 20 of 33 Posts