Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I bought a Greddy Turbo Kit (TD40H-15G) for my 2000 Civic EX and i noticed that the turbo kit did NOT come with fuel injectors. I was told by the shop who is installing the turbo kit for me that i needed 330cc injectors that was supposed to come with the kit. did anyone else have this problem?

I did some additional research and found that 320cc are used in other various Greddy Turbo Kits. So which size injectors do i need? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Im not familiar w/ what injector size does come w/ kits now days, but I would personally run @least 450's to be safe..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldn't running anything over 440cc injectors would cause the engine to be running rich?? i'm using the Greddy E-manage.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
the d-series kit doesn't come with any injectors, I think only the b-series does. I just got one myself and i'm running 440's with neptune

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
vtecduck said:
the d-series kit doesn't come with any injectors, I think only the b-series does. I just got one myself and i'm running 440's with neptune
no there is a d-series kit that comes with 310cc RC injectors...... its like 1900 shipped on ebay....

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
no there is a d-series kit that comes with 310cc RC injectors...... its like 1900 shipped on ebay....
that's f*cked up, the one I got from Nopi for my '94 didn't have any with it, and I didn't see an option anywhere to get it with injectors,just the e manage. I guess they do offer one with injectors, my bad

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
momo98si said:
the 92-95(z6) kit doesn't come with injectors only the 96-00(y8)
thats what I meant, thanks for clearing that up the 96-00 d-series kit came with injectosr and emanage....

·
Registered
369 Posts
thats why the 96+ kit is more then the 92-95 kit. Read what the kit comes with next time. It does help. Ppl make mistakes . Just learn for next time

·
Registered
122 Posts
they already answered your injector question but i'd like to add....

your 15G kit is cheaper than the 19T kit... it may seem like a disadvantage that you did not have injectors with your kit, BUT its a hidden advantage because your now allowed to upgrade to a 440cc or 550cc injectors whereas you'd be stuck with the smaller 310cc....and the flow rate limits you to the maximum boost you can make in the future when you plan to up the boost...

don't say you won't "up" the boost because everybody does it!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
well... my car has been in the shop for 4+ days already. they ran into a few problems along the way on installing the Greddy Turbo Kit. i just like to know if it is absolutely possible to run 440cc injectors on just the e-manage at it's factory set boost settings of 6-7 PSI, without the use of AFC hacks, etc... - just e-manage??

has anyone out there on a D16Y8 accomplished this?? I think it might be safer with slightly smaller injectors: 310cc - 330cc injectors, but then again, i don't really know much this. i just don't want to end up with a blown motor.

·
Shoot me!
6,890 Posts
With the support tool software you can control the injector duty cycle +/- 20% at certain rpm setting i think its every 500rpms. I have greddy kit with 310cc rc injectors that came with the kit and im running 10psi the 92-95 greddy kit you have has a smaller turbo a 15g the 96-00 kit has a 19t just a little bigger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts