Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a drawing of my planned oil catch can install on my D16Y8. The specs on the car are:

- Greddy Turbo + Intercooler (using 'blue' E-manage)
- Crower Stage 2 Cams + Titanium Retainers
- AEM Adjustable Cam Gear

Just wondering if this is correct. The red lines are lines going to and from the catch can. I also heard of a vented catch can, but I don't want to drill a hole on the top of the Greddy Oil Catch Can, if i have to use a small air filter, can i just use a 3 way adapter so some of the bad fumes are filtered after passing through the Oil Catch Can as below? I plan on installing it as shown in the pic above, but if i can benefit more from keeping bad fumes from re-entering the engine, i might do that as well.

Drawing with smaller air filter fitted between catch can and turbo air inlet pipe:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The way you have it on top is right, just your arrows are going the wrong way. You want air after the airfilter, but before the turbo going into the crank case, and you hook the catch can between the PCV valve and the intake. That's if you want to maintain a "sealed system", if that's not a concern you just stick a breather filter where the stock breather tube is and hook the catch can up between the PCV and the intake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts