Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I can get a greddy manifold with downpipe and turbo hotside(i was told the hotside was from a 15g greddy turbo(i know that in the manual it says greddy uses 19t). Anyhow, i was wondering if anyone might know if this turbo would be usable with the greddy hotside so that i can use the downpipe? Only reason im asking is because my friend has had it for a long time and is basically giving it to me. Any advise greatly appreciated. Also, i dont plan on buying this cheap of a turbo i just couldnt find any other t25 flanged turbo at the moment. I dont know why the link wont take you directly to the turbo but it's the one labelled nissan 180sx, 240sx 300zx etc.

http://www.speedyracer.com/turbocharger/T25-Flange-Turbocharger/TD04-H-T25T28-Turbo-86-AR-OIL-cool-240sx-S13-S14-KA24(270hp)

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
when you say hotside, do you mean the Elbow or the turbine housing itself?

that turbo will work with the greddy manifold. Greddy used 15Gs for the 92-95 kit and the 19T for the 96-00 kits.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
The manifold will work for a nissan t25 turbo. The downpipe will not work.
They use different downpipe flanges.

Also there might be a few problems routing the turbo to ic.

Check my first build in my sign. I used a s20 turbo and a t25 manifold.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when you say hotside, do you mean the Elbow or the turbine housing itself?

that turbo will work with the greddy manifold. Greddy used 15Gs for the 92-95 kit and the 19T for the 96-00 kits.
The turbine housing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The manifold will work for a nissan t25 turbo. The downpipe will not work.
They use different downpipe flanges.

Also there might be a few problems routing the turbo to ic.

Check my first build in my sign. I used a s20 turbo and a t25 manifold.
thanks, ill check it out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, you can't use a mitsubishi (aka greddy) turbine housing on a garrett CHRA.
ok, any ideas on what turbo could be used? It seems the only place i can find a "15g" is straight from greddy

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a full nissan t25 will work but you'd have to fab up a downpipe.
i figured, looks like that idea is probably out the window then. the only reason i was interested in it is because i thought a different mitsu turbo could be used and i could keep the downpipe

·
3,983 Posts
if you want to keep the greddy elbow/downpipe setup, you're stuck with the TD04H turbine side.

if you find a 19T turbo, the compressor is a LOT better than the 15G

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you want to keep the greddy elbow/downpipe setup, you're stuck with the TD04H turbine side.

if you find a 19T turbo, the compressor is a LOT better than the 15G
oh ok so any TD04H would work then? thats good news. ill look for a 19T.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You're really making it hard on yourself trying to use that downpipe elbow. All the "chinachargers", new t25 turbos under $500, will use a T3 CHRA so there isn't a snowball's chance in hell the turbine housing will fit. The downpipe elbow also uses 4 bolts instead of the typical t25 5 bolts, so you're limited to a turbo with TD04H exhaust wheel as stated above if you stick with the Greddy elbow.

The 19T won't benefit you very much, since the turbine housing & elbow combined are very restrictive. Some company makes a tubular elbow that still clears A/C. However if you don't have A/C, it shouldn't take much to get a china T25, a 5-bolt flange, and a 2.5" elbow welded up at a local shop. Speaking of chinachargers, the model you were looking at is tiny as hell! This is the best deal I've found for about the largest T28: GT2871 GT25 GT28 T25 T28 GT2860 Turbo turbocharger Water Oil Cooled 64 A R | eBay

·
3,983 Posts
the housing itself isn't bad, it's actually the highest AR you can get on a TD04H, and bigger than the biggest saab/volvo housings too (8.5 cm2 vs 7cm2 for the S60R).

the elbow is total garbage though - got a link to that tubular AC clearing one?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're really making it hard on yourself trying to use that downpipe elbow. All the "chinachargers", new t25 turbos under $500, will use a T3 CHRA so there isn't a snowball's chance in hell the turbine housing will fit. The downpipe elbow also uses 4 bolts instead of the typical t25 5 bolts, so you're limited to a turbo with TD04H exhaust wheel as stated above if you stick with the Greddy elbow.

The 19T won't benefit you very much, since the turbine housing & elbow combined are very restrictive. Some company makes a tubular elbow that still clears A/C. However if you don't have A/C, it shouldn't take much to get a china T25, a 5-bolt flange, and a 2.5" elbow welded up at a local shop. Speaking of chinachargers, the model you were looking at is tiny as hell! This is the best deal I've found for about the largest T28: GT2871 GT25 GT28 T25 T28 GT2860 Turbo turbocharger Water Oil Cooled 64 A R | eBay

Thanks for the advice, i may just decide against trying to use a greddy setup then. I was looking for a small turbo though because i dont want to build the motor right now(got another project going on with my FR-S) and i want full boost by about 2800-3000 RPMS so i have a larger powerband. I was planning to shoot for a about 200whp with that turbo, do you think that it's too small for that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
even the 15G will get you to 250-260whp comfortably.

it's perfect for a stock block
nice, thats good to know. ill let you guys know what i end up going with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts