Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a z6 and was told to use the y8 greddy kit because of bigger injectors and a bigger turbo hense making more power or having the potential to make more power, but do I have to use a y8 intake manifold and computer for this setup, or are the injectors the same as the z6's, and the computer the same. Also if I plan to run 10psi later on, is the z6 kit capable of this, since I will have to upgrade my injectors bigger than the y8 kit is it worth my while to even get the y8 kit since the injectors and computer will be useless to me within a year. Just thought I would ask

-TAG

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TAGs95CivicEX said:
Also if I plan to run 10psi later on, is the z6 kit capable of this, since I will have to upgrade my injectors bigger than the y8 kit is it worth my while to even get the y8 kit since the injectors and computer will be useless to me within a year. Just thought I would ask

-TAG

What about this though? because there is a big difference in price. about 700 bucks.

-TAG

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TAGs95CivicEX said:
I plan to run 10psi later on, is the z6 kit capable of this, since I will have to upgrade my injectors bigger than the y8 kit is it worth my while to even get the y8 kit since the injectors and computer will be useless to me within a year. Just thought I would ask

-TAG

^^^^ I know this but is the z6 kit able to work good for now until I boost more next year? since the injectors will be too small for 10psi?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
or should I go with the more expensive kit cause it will work better now, and the bigger turbo is worth the money ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

-TAG

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Man

Thanks I've been waiting for that, can this Turbo push 10 psi????

or would it be over doing it on such a tiny little thing.

-TAG

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
get the kit thats made for your engine...greddy put a lot of r&d to make sure they produce a kit specifically for your application...yes the y8 kit comes with a bigger turbo and injectors, but its also a different engine...both kits can go up to 10psi and even more...ill pm you later tonight

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
you could make your own kit and have whatever turbo you want, bigger injectors, better fuel management, an intercooler, and still have money left over.

just my input :TU:

·
Registered
376 Posts
ryan89crx said:
you could make your own kit and have whatever turbo you want, bigger injectors, better fuel management, an intercooler, and still have money left over.

just my input :TU:

i agree!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Good luck w/ turbo kit :)

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well

Start posting sites on How I can piece a kit together, I'll check it out, I'm new to this shit so I thought it would be easier to buy a kit, and remember tuning is almost out of the question if it is going to be done in time. and if there is money left over I'll put pistons and rods in and make more power, or set up so I can upgrade. I'm new guys and gals I need help.

-TAG

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i say, if you have fabbing skills, like cutting/welding/etc. then make your own kit. i think you will like the outcome more and also have fun doing it. its also something to be proud of, being able to piece together and assemble your own kit is badass compared to just buying a prefabbed one and bolting it on :TU:

W

·
0 Posts
/\ how hard is it to weld? i was thinking about getting into it. lol. Like estimated time to get decent and make yourself a nice manifold

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
/\ how hard is it to weld? i was thinking about getting into it. lol. Like estimated time to get decent and make yourself a nice manifold
i dunno, my bro does all mine :smile:

i just mess with it a little bit, wirefeed is pretty easy to learn

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well

I would be buying a manifold, I can weld and fab up stuff, but where do I buy turbos, oil lines, flanges down pipes, injectors, fuel rails, basically where am I piecing this together from.

-TAG

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
TAGs95CivicEX said:
I would be buying a manifold, I can weld and fab up stuff, but where do I buy turbos, oil lines, flanges down pipes, injectors, fuel rails, basically where am I piecing this together from.

-TAG
look here for pipes http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34615
flanges: bmcrace.com or weirracing on HMT
oil lines: www.cheapturbolines.com
turbo: ebay, HMT classifieds, http://www.westcoast-turbo.com/turbos.html
injectors: DSM 450s on ebay or HMT classifieds

fuel rail is not necessary, nor is aftermarket fpr. just get a chipped ecu and tune with that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts