Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the installation instructions for a Greddy kit on the 92-95 cars?

I want to read over them just to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

-Doug

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
that something you could prolly find through a search..

pretty simple..

turbo to manifold, manifold to head, oil feed to sending unit, oil drain to pan above the level of the oil, run the intercooler piping, injectors, make sure you have low impedance injectors because your car will have a resistor box.. and make sure you dont boost hard, without taking it to get tuned....

turn the key, check for fuel leaks.... start it up, check for oil leaks...

bam done

·
Registered
1999 Civic hatch
988 Posts
that something you could prolly find through a search..

pretty simple..

turbo to manifold, manifold to head, oil feed to sending unit, oil drain to pan above the level of the oil, run the intercooler piping, injectors, make sure you have low impedance injectors because your car will have a resistor box.. and make sure you dont boost hard, without taking it to get tuned....

turn the key, check for fuel leaks.... start it up, check for oil leaks...

bam done
:p Happy face for one helpful post!

You make it seem so easy though lol, as if you can install a turbo in 30 minutes and go racing after.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/828.pdf

Hey let me know what happens, how much you gain and all. Im still deciding between greddy or autoworks kit.
Thanks! I'm pretty anal about stuff, so I wanted to look through that first. A google search didn't find it for me...........

I wanted to make sure I didn't have to install a check valve anywhere or something like that.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
:p Happy face for one helpful post!

You make it seem so easy though lol, as if you can install a turbo in 30 minutes and go racing after.
haha, yeah i guess my response does make it seem really simple, a turbo kit install on the scale of 1-10 is around a 9 for having to have pretty decent knowledge of whats going on... but what i stated, is pretty much the general idea... being the tune is the most important part, and taking your time while installing the kit

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Dammit.....I bought high impedance injectors thinking that's what I needed.

What else do I need now?
well if you have the 92-95 motor and chassis, you will have a resistor box... if you have high impedance injectors you will have to elliminate the resistor box... but if you get low impedence injectors, just keep the box... just get a set of flow tested and cleaned dsm blue top 450cc. that will meet your powergoal, and they are cheap

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well if you have the 92-95 motor and chassis, you will have a resistor box... if you have high impedance injectors you will have to elliminate the resistor box... but if you get low impedence injectors, just keep the box... just get a set of flow tested and cleaned dsm blue top 450cc. that will meet your powergoal, and they are cheap
I have 440cc Precision high impedance. These two links make it sound like the 92-95 chassis uses high impedance.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7295&highlight=impedance
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99144&highlight=impedance

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Peak and hold is the OBD0 (pre-OBD) low impedence injector type which needs the resistor box in order to recieve the correct voltage.Saturated is for OBD1 & OBD2 systems which do not need the use of the injector box.

You can use Peak and hold injectors on OBD1&2 systems if you use a resistor box.
You can also use saturated type injectors on OBD0 systems but you need to remove the box.

how is that any different than what i said? i said that you can still use them high impedence (saturated) injectors if you remove the resistor box..

so to use the injectors that you have, you have to take out hte resistor box...

if you want to keep the box, and can get the dsm low impedance

·
Registered
615 Posts
92-95 does not have the resistor box therefore no need to remove it
88-91 civic (low impedence) Obd0 peak and hold (resistor box)
92-95 civic (high impedence) Obd1 saturated
96-00 civic (high impedence) Obd2 saturated

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well if you have the 92-95 motor and chassis, you will have a resistor box...
You can also use saturated type injectors on OBD0 systems but you need to remove the box.

so to use the injectors that you have, you have to take out hte resistor box...

if you want to keep the box, and can get the dsm low impedance
92-95 does not have the resistor box therefore no need to remove it
My car is OBD 1, therefore I don't have a resistor box, which means I use saturated, high impedance injectors. :winkiss:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
brainfarts do happen
It's all good man! I was :sweatdrop: because I am tired of all the bits and pieces I've had to buy to get this car running on boost (the right way). A damn resistor box wasn't in the budget. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts