Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here is the verdict, will the greddy kit work on a d15b7? I mean, I know the manifold and all the charge piping and such will work, but what about the emanage? Will its fuel maps be enough or are they totally different? Would it be best to sell the emanage and grab an FMU, or could I just use an fmu with the emanage,or would that cuase a super rich condition??

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would suggest doing the afc hack. It consists of larger injectors (440's suggested) and either a safc 2 or vafc 2. If you do a search on turbod16.com and look in the FAQ section there is a whole write on it. I am running it and it works great!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've told many people and I'll still old to it. The AFC hack is crap and I've seen more people with blown motors due tot hat so called hack than any otehr reason. Last yr I saw or talked to people who blew their motors directly about 8 people. That's 8 that decided to listen to someone on the internet and try to use the hack. That's 8 people that lost their engines to that half @$$ way of doing something. I say do it right. Don;t do the 400+ injectors. you won't need it.

All you really need is someway to keep the stock map from seeing boost (missing link or check valves depending on map location) and you can use a 4:1 fmu and some prelude v-tec injectors. That setup will be able to properly support up to 12 lbs of boost if desired. and just have the car dyno tuned properly. The hack is iffy and doesn't always work. It's also sketchy and glitchy. You won't find any "pro" shops willing to tune a afc with that hack. there's a reason for that too. They don't want the lyability of having to repalce your motor due to that thing not working properly all the time. Some have ok luck with it, but what about the rest of the people that don't? No one likes to mention the other side of things. When it is mentinoed the person who mentions gets flamed so badly here. So I won't be supprised to fine about 5or 6 replies telling me i'm some idoot or something along those lines because I have real expirences with the other side of the afc"hack".

Anyways, no mater what you decide good luck and make sure it is professinoally tuned. not by a guy who uses a autometer a/f gauge and doesn;t hae a dyno. But a shop with expirenced personal and who have the facalities to do it proeprly. also ask them about the hack before you try it. See what they tell you. Don't be supprised if they don't advise against it.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, thank alot for the informative info. That seems like a good way to go. But will the emange work as well? I know the kit is specified for the ex,and this is non vtec, but would it work? Just curious, Cause my budget will only allow me to get the kit, intercooler, and bov + gauges. I know I could go the homemade route, but I just want an easy all around kit. Plus, for 1400 with all that isincluded, its not bad at all to me.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
oscar...how do you plan on doing any real "dyno tuning" with an fmu and prelude injectors. its not the best, but the afc is more adjustable than an fmu

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
granted it makes it harder to tune using an fmu, but I have not seen that setup fail liek i have seen the hack. while nothign can take the palce of a real standalone system, I find the fmu to be a far better choice over the hack that is unstable in make cases.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eg8 said:
ok, thank alot for the informative info. That seems like a good way to go. But will the emange work as well? I know the kit is specified for the ex,and this is non vtec, but would it work? Just curious, Cause my budget will only allow me to get the kit, intercooler, and bov + gauges. I know I could go the homemade route, but I just want an easy all around kit. Plus, for 1400 with all that isincluded, its not bad at all to me.
emanage is kind of liek an afc but with a lot more control. it can actually controll injector inmedance and thus allow you to properly run larger inejctors. you can even run a 3bar map sensor and run higher than 11psi boost if you wish. now honestly anythign past 16-17psi i woudl go to a hondata, or aem unit.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, one more question, will the emange that comes with the 92-95ex kit work with the b7 ??I mean the preset maps that come with it. I dont have a dyno near me at all. Or would just getting an FMU be easier??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts