Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been dealing with a faulty internal wastegate actuator on my greddy kit since last March when I had the car tuned. I did a ghetto remedy of using a spring to maintain tension on the actuator. I really want to replace this unit. I have heard there is an upgraded version of this out there for the tdo4-15g turbo but have had no such luck finding that. Does anyone know of a place where I can find something like this? www.atpturbo.com has replacement actuators, but I am not sure if anything from there would happen to work on my set up. Any help would be appreciated on this, I really would like this to work properly.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
did you try running the source for the wastegate off the intake manifold instead of the turbo housing?

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you try running the source for the wastegate off the intake manifold instead of the turbo housing?
yep, that actually didnt help either unfortunately. I think the diaphram leaking a little, enough to give me this headache.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
yep, that actually didnt help either unfortunately. I think the diaphram leaking a little, enough to give me this headache.
hmm, I dunno then. Bump for an answer for the man :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
mine holds fine up to 10psi, and fluctuates above that level ...

I'm currently running 12psi on the same turbo, but the boost is not so stable above 10psi .. can't tell why, eventhough I have a nice EBC

I also have a map for up to 1BAR, but because the boost is so unstable I haven't upped it that high ... but eventually I will :-D

if you want stable boost, then take the elbow out, and weld an externat Tial 38mm on the WG port - that should work perfect

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump

Well I just got off the phone with Greddy. What a bunch of incompetant dickless bastards. They do not even stock that part in the united states and it is a possibility they couldnt get it from japan. if they could, it would be a 2 month wait.

so I need a new internal wastegate actuator. any ideas?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
bump

Well I just got off the phone with Greddy. What a bunch of incompetant dickless bastards. They do not even stock that part in the united states and it is a possibility they couldnt get it from japan. if they could, it would be a 2 month wait.
yes they are, those bastards are rude as hell on the phone if you talk to Greddy in Cali. I found the guys in NJ are a lot more helpful.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes they are, those bastards are rude as hell on the phone if you talk to Greddy in Cali. I found the guys in NJ are a lot more helpful.
yep, thats the conclusion I came up with when I called. They are about worthless for help. I will no longer be buying any greddy products from here on out after this bullshit.

I wonder if I could make something like this for my set up. It is used on gm diesel trucks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If someone can get a good picture of the Greddy actuator, it looks pretty close to a WRX one in the pictures I've seen.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Hey Levi, maybe I can help you. I kept the actuator and rod after I switched to an external gate. It has a threaded rod which allows you to set the boost by screwing the rod in/out. It may require some tweaking to fit on your turbo though.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It's close to a WRX actuator, but the WRX uses a bent mounting plate that would put it to high. If it had a straight arm it could work, or you could get a custom built Forge actuator.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I might be able to get something to work from atpturbo. I am going to do some measurements and send it to them. they said they would see if they have something similar that might work.

I still would appreciate any other ideas. Somewhere out there, there is an upgraded unit for the greddy kit. i have heard of it multiple times but have not been able to locate it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
today I tried to shorten the accurator arm, and readjust my EBC so that it will keep the same boost (1 BAR in my case), and ... same thing. The boost above 10psi is just not stable at all. Below 10psi it keeps stable up to 6K RPM or so, and then falls with 1psi - that's how it's been forever.

I'm gonna try adding a spring somehow to see if that's gonna help, but I doubt.

post what you find about that shitty WG issue :)

Miro

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
from what I've read on Greddy's website, it looks like they offer 2 different actuators for the internal wastegate:

ACTUATOR 11501600 0.8kg/cm2
ACTUATOR 11501610 1.0 kg/cm2

The top one looks like it's rated to 11psi and the bottom to 21psi from the spring rates I found on there. It doesn't give any sizes of the actuators though. My guess would be that the 11psi is the one that comes on the 15g, if it's the same size as the other, it looks like we could switch the actuator and that should make it hold better over 10-11psi. Nopi has it listed to order

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
no shit? wow I am surprised Nopi has that shit to order.
you'd be surprised what they have part numbers for :lol:. I was shocked when I put in the part number for the secondary harness for my profec e-01 and they had it listed :).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts