Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
I've got a buddy of mine that has on his si hatch , sounds sweet and performs well

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just installed one on my 91 CRX Si (Stock D16A6, Iceman intake, DC 4-2-1 header). Its a top-notch exhaust.

The exhaust is about 10lbs lighter that stock. I personally dont care for the huge tip, but I've seen worse, and I'm sure I can fab up a stock looking dual tip later on...no biggie.

The nice thing on the CRX about the SP2 is that mounts snugger and closer to the chassis than any other crx muffler I've seen...most of the other brands are way too close to the ground. Compared to other's I've seen, the SP2 is one of the best-fitting exhausts you can get... cheap ones are often crooked and need some bending on the hangers or even re-welding in a new spot.

The muffler idles silently, like stock. Once you start to rev and put a load on the motor, the sound is alot like the stock sound, just a little louder, but not louder than a short-ram intake. its not at all boomy, buzzy, farty, or obnoxious. :D

Compared to the stock setup, or even the stock midpipe with no muffler, it is a noticeable increase in power, especially in the top RPMs. I have never chirped 3rd before, but I did after installing the SP2. :D

I also like that there was an extra flange for detatching the exhaust from the resonator back. This would be ideal for me at big autocross events. I can just attach a turn-down pipe right there (just behind the front seats under the car) and run with a light-weight, resonator-only setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts