Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering can I just use the greddy emange as a tune? I did research and I know crome and all that other good stuff is better but I am clueless wene it comes to tunning. I am planing on just turboing my d16y7 and could I just plug in the emange and be ok. I know its not better than hondata or all that other stuff so dont reply saying get crome or get this or that its better, I just want to know if I can plug in the emanage and be good to go.

·
Registered
764 Posts
You need to use a wideband to accurately monitor the AFR. That is what the emanage and chrome and whatever tuner you want to throw out there is for. It is to optimize the AFR's so you are running the car at a safe AFR. If you are afraid of the crome and hondata then look into a VAFC from Apexi. If you have VTEC it will also help you adjust the crossover point.

Personally I would go with chrome or hondata. So many guys are running it and running it without problems it only makes sense. The chrome has so many followers that I am sure you could find someone with a similar build that would share their map and have you up and running in no time.

Also if you are asking if you can simply plug the emanage up and it solve your problems then the answer is no. It has to be tuned and dialed in just like any other tuning device out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts