Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a Greddy bolt on kit on a stock d16y6, if so, does anyone know the numbers this kit will put out? or have an idea of what numbers you can expect?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
speedracer, i just put the 19t on mine, and it runs 8psi stock(didnt touch actuator or anything, no intercooler.

i also noticed the redline went up cuz it was for an ex. do you take ur car up to the redline or the stock redline at 6800. im afraid im gunna fuk up the valvetrain if i go up any higher. btw whats the ex redline anyway?

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
cliff said:
speedracer, i just put the 19t on mine, and it runs 8psi stock(didnt touch actuator or anything, no intercooler.

i also noticed the redline went up cuz it was for an ex. do you take ur car up to the redline or the stock redline at 6800. im afraid im gunna fuk up the valvetrain if i go up any higher. btw whats the ex redline anyway?
with d16y-series i'd be worried about the oil pump over the valve train...

·
Registered
518 Posts
cliff said:

damn 8psi and no intercooler

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ex redline is 7400rpm, I used to rev mine to 8k w/o ANY issues with the hondata ecu I had.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm not sure if mine is an older kit or what (I bought it a month ago brand new), but it's set at 6.5...I was thinking, though, that it should have been set to like 7.5 or 8... Anyway, I'm not running an ic yet, so 6.5 is good enough for me, especially with winter coming up... Also, I'm in the process of getting parts to build an engine that should be able to max out the greddy turbo pretty easily...so come spring time, 8psi on it won't be crap... :) :)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you have the one with the e-manage you have the newer kit.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
BTW the greddy manifold SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!

Needs 40 hours of porting to be decent. It is the weak point of the setup.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i didn;t have any issues with my greddy mani. i was able to push 14lbs of boost and 248 wheel power on the dyno.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
skr33t_rac3r said:
damn 8psi and no intercooler

dude, ur sig is f-ing hilarious. and as far as the greddy kit goes, if you plan on building something semi- competitive, dont go with the bolt on set-up. It's a good start but upgrades would be in the future for some really respectable numbers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i dont want to hijack the thread, but my topic seems on point, for the most part...

Greddy is the only option for me as im on a budget, and i live in california so i need to be smog legal. i have a d15b7, i want to run the 92-95 ex greddy with emanage, will i run into any major problems with emanage running with my ecu?

i know that by running the kit which is meant for the d16z6 i will have technically negated the carb e.o. exemption, however i need a kit with carb stickers, and its close enough i dont think the officers will notice that i dont have the same motor.

what do you guys think?
thanks,
Chris

(sorry again for stealing the thread)

·
Registered
836 Posts
You should be fine. Just have it professionally tuned, and you'll be set....I was going to tune mine myself, but by the time I would have bought the cable, I would've spent just as much, spent more time doing it, the tune wouldn't have been very good, and I wouldn't have the cool dyno sheet to show off to my friends...

(Haha...look at me...such the promoter of the pro tuning... ;) )

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
exactly, 248 is low as hell for 14psi..

oscarmayer said:
i didn;t have any issues with my greddy mani. i was able to push 14lbs of boost and 248 wheel power on the dyno.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
00exinfla said:
exactly, 248 is low as hell for 14psi..
not for that size of a turbo dude. stop being hung up on #'s. it's about flow as well not just numbers.

FYI that's wheel power, convert it to crank and that's about 285-290 crank power. that's not too shappby orm a 129crank hp motor, it was all stock too...

·
Registered
518 Posts
oscarmayer said:
not for that size of a turbo dude. stop being hung up on #'s. it's about flow as well not just numbers.

FYI that's wheel power, convert it to crank and that's about 285-290 crank power. that's not too shappby orm a 129crank hp motor, it was all stock too...
wow u musta had a good ass tune
arent d's supposed to start pooping shit out at about 200-220 range

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it's tuning and quality of the equipment not to mention also how well you take care of it. I babied that thing. every oil change was synthetic mobil1 every 3k, plugs changed every oul change and cap and rotor too. but the car ran like a champ for 2 yrs. many fell victum to it ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts