Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my understanding is that the 92-95 turbo kit will bolt up to my 2000 dx. will the blue box e-manage for the 92-95 kit work on my 2000 dx ecu? and besides the turbo size and fuel injectors, whats the difference between the kits?

·
Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
You'll have to make an additional piece to connect the upper charge pipe to the DX vertical throttle body.

The 92-95 doesn't come with E-manage, it comes with the old "blue box". Swapping to OBD1 and running a socketed ECU would be very beneficial.
Other than that it works fine. The 1st turbo car I ever built was a 00 DX running a 91-95 kit.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the thing is i cant use a manual tranny so im stuck with an automatic and i live in california. so im lookin at the greddy kits and the 96-00 is for the ex. can i just buy the softwear for the e-manage and take off vtec so that im not running rich with this kit?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll have to make an additional piece to connect the upper charge pipe to the DX vertical throttle body.

The 92-95 doesn't come with E-manage, it comes with the old "blue box". Swapping to OBD1 and running a socketed ECU would be very beneficial.
Other than that it works fine. The 1st turbo car I ever built was a 00 DX running a 91-95 kit.
and i have the ex mani allready

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump

·
Registered
98 civic with d1
23 Posts
i just recently got a kit off of a 92-95 dx for a 98dx. the only thing needed to change is the intake tube before throttle body?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just recently got a kit off of a 92-95 dx for a 98dx. the only thing needed to change is the intake tube before throttle body?
dont thread jack me asshole. swap to an ex mani if your sooo worried about having to modify the tubing.

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
The 92-95 doesn't come with E-manage, it comes with the old "blue box". .
im gonna have to call your bluff on that one. =). my kit i ordered came with the real emanage. 92-95 ex/si
or is there another kit?. i thought the only ones offered were the ex/si motors.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The older 92-95 greddy kits came with the blue box but the new ones come with the emanage
i thought the blue box was the e-manage?

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
nah the blue box was pre-emanage. and thanks for the info jota. i didnt know there were two different versions of the greddy kit.

·
Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
I didn't know they started offering the Emanage w/o injectors on the 92-95 kit...learn something new everyday.

Blue box is how I always got them, up till about 3 years ago when I ordered my last Greddy kit.

It's funny, I can probably answer any Q the OP has, my 00 DX was also an auto...kinda sucked

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so what the fuck do i do?

can i order the 96-00 greddy kit with the e-manage softwear and just dissable vtec or move the vtec engaging point to like 9000 rpm?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts