Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody make a aftermarket turbo elbow and downpipe for the greddy 15g? I've searched but could not find anything.

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
You can find a flange on ebay for a 15g exhaust housing. Have fun paying for a custom welded downpipe. I just used the greddy exhaust housing that's a/c compatible and hogged it out to 2.5in(of course the manifold was ported out too), then paid a good shop to weld me a 2.5in downpipe to fit my reverse mounted greddy 15g set up that makes 189whp/179fttq on 7psi and stock d16a6 mpfi, Z6 IM, 9.6:1 compression (with boned-spec trans). I need a built block...

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Even hogged out, the 4th bolt thru the elbow makes it pretty restrictive. Kteller makes 2.5" downpipes though, that will definitely help

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
The kteller downpipe is over priced, and you'll still have that restricted cast iron elbow. Get a ebay flange and go to a good muffler shop to have a real downpipe made. This is exactly what I did, and my turbo spools really fast pulls hard at 13 psi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The kteller downpipe is over priced, and you'll still have that restricted cast iron elbow. Get a ebay flange and go to a good muffler shop to have a real downpipe made. This is exactly what I did, and my turbo spools really fast pulls hard at 13 psi.
how much power are you making at 13psi? also from your sig it says u have a web stage 1 cam. do you have a before and after dyno with that cam? i have a jdm d15b myself.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
I have never dynoed my car, I'm thinking it's around 225 at the wheels according to other builds and dyno sheets I've seen with the same engine/turbo combo. Bone stock block with ARP head studs lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts