Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been covered a lot. I'm looking to eliminate the greddy elbow and run at least a full 2.5" DP. I have a weirtech flange and I have been searching for pics of this setup. In the hours I have been searching on google I have found no pics. Some threads date back to '05 and the pics are no longer hosted.

I contacted a local shop to quote me on a custom dp and he straight up said he wouldn't do it lol. So I'm kinda seeing why this setup is not common.

Can a noob welder get away with some piecuts and a stick welder to get a full dp? The piecuts would be used to replace the elbow and the rest would be some mandrel bends

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Aren't you the guy I sold my setup to like 4 years ago? :D

I've never done exhaust stuff with stick, I always thought it was too thin for it.

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
i would assume putting the welder on dc+ and running a very small rod and voltage would be fine, but arc welding any exhaust parts at home sounds like a huge pain. i welded my exhaust on my 6th gen coupe with a harbor freight flux mig welder and that was a huge pita, had the car barely jack up enough to fit under it and move my head around and having to find other crap to hold the exhaust up while its tack welded. doing a downpipe should be a little easier than a full exhaust.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah this thing has been put on the backburner for quite a while. Life has a way of not allowing you to do things that you want to do.

Well I guess some PVC mock-up would be first. I have a spare head and block which I can mount on an engine stand. Just need a busted a/c compressor to mount also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts