Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, after some thought I am gonna upgrade my exhaust one last time... its currently a 2.5 inch kteller stainless steel... Im gonna run a 3 inch stainless with a 3 inch magnaflow cat.... a 3 inch resonator along with a magnflow muffler.... its gonna run me... but its gonna be the very last exhaust and it will work great when I upgrade the turbo.... what cha think?

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Okay, obviously the material (aluminum to SS) is the difference in price. Good price BTW... But my question, what [structural-speaking] would hold up better in the long run? The SS is "beefier", right? What's the advantages of alum.? The weight savings?

BTW again... checked the shipping cost, and it was only $25! Should've gone with this in the first place! Dang it!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Okay, obviously the material (aluminum to SS) is the difference in price. Good price BTW... But my question, what [structural-speaking] would hold up better in the long run? The SS is "beefier", right? What's the advantages of alum.? The weight savings?

BTW again... checked the shipping cost, and it was only $25! Should've gone with this in the first place! Dang it!
its not aluminum. its aluminized steel....

they will both hold up fine, its just that the SS wont rust

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
same here lol, man i think im actually gonna get a 3" from those guys, ive got a 2.25" Megan Drift Spec right now, but im liking the angle of it less and less, plus it vibrates against my bumper, annoying, i want to get the piping straightened, and since im going for bigger goals on my turbo setup than i originally wanted, might as well get 3" now and be done with it

:jesus: loves boost

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
is it worth buying a 50 dollar resonator?? or does it even do that much( for sound)

to me, its worth every penny. i HATE loud pipes. but thats just me. i have a 2.5" high flow cat/resonator/mandrel bent piping/muffler (all dynamax) and it sounds good to me but its still kinda loud. i like stock quiet but its personal taste.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but do resonators really do a lot?? I mean Ill have the turbo, cat and magnaflow muffler... already is that resonator really needed?

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
but do resonators really do a lot?? I mean Ill have the turbo, cat and magnaflow muffler... already is that resonator really needed?
no turbo cars do not needresonators. the turbo car i just finished is so quiet its not even funny. 2.5 dp steped up to 3 inch flex pipe, then 3 inch all the way to a thermal muffler. all you hear is the turbo and the blow off valve.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I have a 3" SS exhaust that I welded together from pieces of mandrel bent SS. I have the Magnaflow Muffler and a 3" Catco Cat. It's still pretty loud.
I started without a resonator and ended up adding one in.
I'm looking for a quieter muffler that still flows well... The quieter, the better IMO...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts