Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im going to be soldering my 550cc injectors. 1995 Cx. D16Z6 i just dont know what wires to solder the pigtail to after i cut the clip.. anybody have any tips or advice? some say it doent matter what wire goes to what, but i dont believe that

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,098 Posts
why in the hell did you make 2 threads newb?

·
Registered
140 Posts
On your fuel rail you have 4 injectors, each injector has 2 wires coming off of it. One will be power and one will be ground for each injector. Of course it matters, if you hook up #1 to #3 you're going to have some problems lol. If you get confused turn the key to on and just use a meter and probe the pins of the plug to see which is power and which is ground. OR just cut and do one at a time. As for which is what on the grams pigtails, it should have come with some instructions on which is power and ground. Hope this helps.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Turn the key on. Use a multi meter to see which wire in your harness has 12v.

The way the injector works, is it always has 12v. The ECU will provide a ground when it wants to fire the injector.

So if you check the two wires, one will always have 12v. The other should have nothing, not even a path to ground.

So now you know what your cars harness is. Look at the injectors. There should be a + and - identifying which pin is which. Connect them up as displayed. Doneski.

At the end of the day, an injector contains a coil, which is a long ass wire wrapped up. Does it even matter which end gets 12v and which gets ground? :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
disclaimer-didnt read the thread and or question.

grams, is skunk2, skunk2 is junk. if i were you id buy another injector.

ive seen grams tested on a flow bench and they are pretty piss poor, even heard of a few sets failing.

stratton.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts