Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking abut getting this exhaust and I was wondering when you bought the exhaust would there be any thing else besides a header that I would need to buy before installing it. I was also wondering what happens to the cat? And I was also wondering what type of header would you recommend? I don't want something crazy loud just something that sounds good when you step on it.

The car is an 04 civic vp.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
good ol' graddy....

if you like wasting money then by all means....

there are exhaust's out there that have more potential and are far less than a name brand unit...

·
Registered
2001 Civic EX Coupe
30 Posts
imo the exhaust tip is too big. but someone in socal is selling it. it has a nice tone, but the oval exhaust can seems quite big. i got the HKS Hi-Power and i love it. its nice and quite at time and has a deep tone when u step on it. plus its angled :D

·
Registered
1997 Civic EX 4dr
67 Posts
I love my EVO2. I love the tone of it. Not raspy and cheap sounding like other exhausts out there. Plus the 2.5" piping is better stock block boosting as opposed to 2.25" piping of many other exhausts. I wouldn't buy another exhaust if i had to redo it.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I've had mine for about 5 years now. Maybe it's me growing up, but I think it way too loud I addition to the tip being large as a barrel...
Going to replace the muffler for something more subtile both regarding appearance and sound.

·
Registered
Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
+1 Low is right, don't through your money away!
Well I plan on boost one day but thats way far off. I'm new to the car community so I'm starting small little things which ik on a d17 is a waste of time but I need to learn some way and I really enjoy it. And no I don't want to be a rice burner I'm not wanting a exhaust for the sound more of just wanting to learn I really like working on cars. My first mod was strut bar obviously you have to be a retarded to screw that one up haha. idk about the exhaust I just figured I would start small and work my way up. I want to do a k-swap but thats a little out of my league haha am not stupid ik what i can and can't handle. Wow that makes my head heart but I much rather put money into a k then boost. Any ways I plan on building my car for auto x not drag.

·
Registered
Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
O yeah and about having the money to spend well I don't know it you will believe me but I just turned 16 so I don't have a lot of money so defiantly on a budget.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well I plan on boost one day but thats way far off. I'm new to the car community so I'm starting small little things which ik on a d17 is a waste of time but I need to learn some way and I really enjoy it. And no I don't want to be a rice burner I'm not wanting a exhaust for the sound more of just wanting to learn I really like working on cars. My first mod was strut bar obviously you have to be a retarded to screw that one up haha. idk about the exhaust I just figured I would start small and work my way up. I want to do a k-swap but thats a little out of my league haha am not stupid ik what i can and can't handle. Wow that makes my head heart but I much rather put money into a k then boost. Any ways I plan on building my car for auto x not drag.
have you autocrossed before?

if not, keep your car bone stock. more often than not i see people who come to local events with cars with suspension/intake/exhaust/who get bumped to street prepared or in some extreme cases street mod. they go against very highly prepared cars and get discouraged and leave the sport altogether... keeping your car stock will help you learn the limits of your car and save you money as well!! it may not sound like alot of fun, but its the easiest/cheapest way to go.

go to an AX event local to you and DRIVE!!!

get in H-stock, drive till your tires cord, rinse, lather, repeat.

sell the STB and put that money towards entry fees/gas/tires/brakes:bigok:

ninja edit: noticed you are in OK. there are ALOT of events local to you.

happy motoring!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts