Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, first off my setup is a d15b7 bottom end w/ y7 top end! (i had the stuff laying around) now [email protected] is hookin me up with a badass cam and iv got a 2layer y8 HG, 4-2-1 header, cai, stage3 6 puck, 8.5lb FW, 2core aluminum rad, Mobil 1 oil w/ honda filter, Torco MTF and im an shooting for 155-165whp but this where i need help! i have know idea what to do about injectors! DSMs would be nice BUT id rather not have to use a resistor box! what are my opitions and is a resistor box a HAVE-TO? itll be dyno tuned on Chrome by Ether Perf. in VA. thnks in advance

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
yep, gonna run like crap, this project will be shit canned in the hopeless project bin.

might make 120 whp on a perfect day.

Stock injectors will be all you need on any NA D15B7.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, gonna run like crap, this project will be shit canned in the hopeless project bin.

might make 120 whp on a perfect day.

Stock injectors will be all you need on any NA D15B7.
is that really all you see me making?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Anything bigger then their shelf 272 your going to need to get a set of valve springs. I would mill the head .040" and check you piston to valve clearance + piston to head clearance, get a larger than 272 cam, valve springs, good header, ported Z6/Y8 intake manifold, cleaned up Y7 head, good header + exhaust, and with a good tune you MAYBE around 155-165 at the wheels.

Good luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
iv changed my plans a little! ima do a y7 block which stock z6 internals! i got bored today with a little $$ and got it pu ttogether earlier and im gonna send my head to Jon to have it ported and polished and add a little boost to the equation!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
iv changed my plans a little! ima do a y7 block which stock z6 internals! i got bored today with a little $$ and got it pu ttogether earlier and im gonna send my head to Jon to have it ported and polished and add a little boost to the equation!
why, if ur gonna boost it just leave the y7 block stock or do vitaras with fjt rods or eagle rods

why do all the work of z6 internals on a y7?? pointless

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
slow down and smell the roses.........before you throw money away.

Mind you a D15B7 makes 85 whp stock and with simple IHE and OEM bolt-ons I dynoed at 118 whp........in 1999, you MIGHT wanna pay attention and clarify what you plan to do.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
^ What he said. Slow down and plan your build before you just start throwing shit together. You'll be much happier with the end result. My current project to get my car turbo'd is going on 2 years and counting. Research, planning took up a lot of time ... during which my plans for the car changed significantly. Then once you have a battle plan start getting your parts and funds together. Take your time, and figure out what your goals are, instead of just slapping something together and hoping it doesn't go ... BOOM!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
slow down and smell the roses.........before you throw money away.

Mind you a D15B7 makes 85 whp stock and with simple IHE and OEM bolt-ons I dynoed at 118 whp........in 1999, you MIGHT wanna pay attention and clarify what you plan to do.
^ What he said. Slow down and plan your build before you just start throwing shit together. You'll be much happier with the end result. My current project to get my car turbo'd is going on 2 years and counting. Research, planning took up a lot of time ... during which my plans for the car changed significantly. Then once you have a battle plan start getting your parts and funds together. Take your time, and figure out what your goals are, instead of just slapping something together and hoping it doesn't go ... BOOM!!!
this is very true and i greatly appricate the advice guys! the other forums im on you'll have 500 views and 1 reply wtf lol

as for the build, EVERYTHING is stayin the same minus the bottom end! i picked up a good block cheap and purchased new bearings, gasket, seals, etc.! the bottom end is completey assembled now and the only things im waiting on are my ARPs and my Delta cam to get here! in the near future, before i finish the build, ima buy good valve springs! my goal should be reasonable as im only trying to achieve 200whp on a .50ar charger!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
p.s. i change my mind on what i want often but this is my final build plan as iv already got started ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts