Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive got some room to build. I'm debating on what to build.

not really worrying about it being chasis specific but id like a d. It will be turbo, 5 speed, lsd and all that good jazz. Have plenty of time and am in no hurry.

y8 the best way to go??

I would like something that hits in the mid range and will carry to full revs. 7500k doable...maybe 8k?

hp numbers are not important but torque is. I like to move quick, quickly.

my altima is pretyy awesome right now and I really like it.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Not sure what that picture is. I might just not be old enough.

As far as the Honda Game, move on to something bigger and better.

Or buy some land/property. Or a gun/ammo before you cant.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

im actually thinking about a 3.5 for the altima and a project long block for the jeep. might just shy away from the hondas until i can find a beater for a few hundred.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well what times are you looking at.

y8 is a bad choice, has crappy oiling in the crank.

opt for a z6.

stratton.
wouldnt take it anywhere to race. i do like road races but im not familier with times. I'd like to hit 110-140mph. i do alot of highway driving.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Stroked Z6 w/twin scroll turbo.

There are a few people who've done this ... I was going down that path but sadly was unable to finish.

Z6 with D17 crank and vitara pistons (shave 0.020 off the top and they will sit flush)
Any flavor Stage 2 cam
Evo 8 16g (10.5 hotside is preferable as it's less prone to surging up top)
Custom Twin Scroll manifold to take advantage of twin scroll goodness

Results I've seen from people who finished this are about 280 - 300 whp/250 - 270 wtq

Also saw someone on here do this with just a Z6 (can't remember pistons) and made somewhere in the range mentioned above. So you could go that route to keep it a little simpler.

How much powars and torques do you want?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

There are a few people who've done this ... I was going down that path but sadly was unable to finish.

Z6 with D17 crank and vitara pistons (shave 0.020 off the top and they will sit flush)
Any flavor Stage 2 cam

Results I've seen from people who finished this are about 280 - 300 whp/250 - 270 wtq

Also saw someone on here do this with just a Z6 (can't remember pistons) and made somewhere in the range mentioned above. So you could go that route to keep it a little simpler.

id like to be pushed into my seat. I'm not keen on numbers but id like an awesome ride. Id like it to be able to be a daily, but its not required. This will be a fuck around toy. I don't want it to just go in a staright line so max hp isnt required. I want something for quickly highway trips and fun around the blocks here in okc.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts

Any flavor Stage 2 cam

and all the vitaras broke because vitaras haven't been good for 5 years

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
975 Posts

Tired of immigrants invading children's cartoons, Peter creates him as an American equivalent to Speedy Gonzalez. He appears to be a rat from the Upper West Side of New York City.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
check my for sale thread. tons of z6 parts. also have the block crank and complete head. just hit me up if you want. but Stoked to see where this goes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my stroked y7. T04e with si trans in a EK. It's the most fun you can with your pants on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts