Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my valve cover back today. Vented and re-baffled by Rota92. I shaved and painted it today ;) ...now I'm just waiting for my SuperTechs to arrive so I can throw my 59300 and 3bar in and hit the dyno.

the old and the new (I shaved them both, used the same paint...top one covered w/ pollen :thumbdown: )...

installed...

building a custom catch can

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
looks really good...how much was that work done?

correct if i'm wrong but isn't that zex cam a NA cam?

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks really good...how much was that work done?

correct if i'm wrong but isn't that zex cam a NA cam?
The 59300 is theire street/strip cam. It's shown the best results as far as cams go for the SOHCs (according to the many people I talked to making big whp on the SOHC and from what I found when I was researching).

I think he charges $125 for the rebaffeling and fittings welded.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Why are you using a female to female 90 with a fitting on the end. Why not just use a -8 90 (or whatever size that is looks like 8) and go straight to braided line. Just wondering.......

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why are you using a female to female 90 with a fitting on the end. Why not just use a -8 90 (or whatever size that is looks like 8) and go straight to braided line. Just wondering.......
In a hurry @ SECO, that's all they had in a -8 that was a 90.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The baffles prevent the oil in the valve cover from blowing out of the holes he just put in his valve cover.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
What is the point of the holes?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Looks sweet. Keep us posted on the progress. What is your complete catch can/breather set up...if you dont mine me asking...i'm about to re-do mine and just wanted to see how yours would be set up...

Also, would this be a good idea/needed if i'm only making around 200hp?

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all.
For the catch can I'm going to have to make one that will fit in beteen the drivers side mount bracket and frame or one that is next to the fuel filter. I'm just cramped for space under the hood.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts