Stock block

Tubular ramhorn manifold
eBay t3/t04e 50 trim
Full 3 inch exhaust from the turbo back
Tial 38mm waste gate and Tial BOV
FMIC with 2.5 inch piping

RC750 injectors and Walbro 255 pump
Tuned on Neptune by Jason Su of Suja1 Motoring

The car made 255whp and 210wtq on 8 psi. We stopped there since neither of is were comfortable pushing the car any harder. Tuning was done on a Dyno Dynamics. Future plans are to throw some pistons/rods in it and maybe upgrade the turbo and fuel system but I'm just going to enjoy it how she sits for a while!

I attached the dyno sheet

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Impressive!! Suja1 used to be somewhere in Chicago before where are they base now?
Congrats! I bet the car is so much fun to drive

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Impressive!! Suja1 used to be somewhere in Chicago before where are they base now?
Congrats! I bet the car is so much fun to drive
I believe Jason sold his portion of the company and has moved his family and dyno down to Murfreesboro, TN. He's operating out of my good friends shop called Gage Performance. He's very good with Hondas and I'm very pleased with the results.

Yes I plan on building the engine, probably do it before the end of May actually. Next setup will be a 10:1 combo on e85, still stock sleeves since I don't feel like spending a ton of money.

The car is a blast to drive though! No need for more low end grunt, the fact it has some lag keeps me from blasting through town 24/7 lol. This is my daily driver.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice numbers dude! I bet the car is a blast to drive. That's pretty impressive on a stock block as mentioned. How much mileage was on it?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Are you going to build it?

Should gotten one of those T3 Super 60 churbos. Would have given you a lot more grunt down low.

The increased lag of his bigger turbo might actually help the longevity of the bottom end.

Besides, with pistons and rods in the future why downgrade?

Congrats on the numbers, graph looks good.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Damn thats better than I did on my b7.......... damn you lol that thing is gonna make good power once you throw a block together for it!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
After reading all the posts saying not to push stock internals past 200 I just went straight for a Vitara build. But stuff like this just goes to show how important a good tune really is. I hope when I'm ready to tune I have someone as competent as your tuner. But out here in MT everyone just wants to see how much smoke they can get their diesel to blow out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well that's because you don't know what works until someone tries it. I've noticed that there is support on both sides of the line here. Some, "if it works run it", and "you're gonna blow your car up if you try that." I too like to live dangerously.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
If you didn't want ti to blow up, why did you start it?

Truth

op, nice job finding a rad tuner and building a good street car. One(two actually) question(s), where are the pics and ripper vids? Or was this done on an engine dyno sans car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First of all, thanks for the kind words. The setup is in a 1996 EX Coupe, a/c and power steering have been removed. I'm considering buying an a/c compatible manifold to toss on it but I haven't decided.

I am unsure in the mileage on the engine. I bought it from a friend that said "I think it's been rebuilt" but with the head off it looked like any other used engine I've seen.

I just got the car tuned Wednesday so no track times yet. The closest 1/4 mile is about an hour and 15 away so I might try to get up there on one of my off weekends. Need to upgrade suspension before though and get some better tires.

I upload pics of the engine bay and car on the dyno when i get home.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts