Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 civic hatch
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoulda never removed the i/m off the longblock when I swapped it in my EF but I did it anyway & now I think I plugged the coolant hoses wrong. The motor smokes through the tail pipe it didn't smoke before when my friend had it in his hatch. Can som1 post pics of there hoses & where they go or tell me which 1 goes where? Including the iacv 1s too. My hatch is obd1 converted & its a d15b7 with the obd1 b7 i/m if it helps.

·
Registered
91 civic hatch
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also it idles like its got bent valves like its got a crazy cam & the motor was fine before unless my friend fucked it up cause it had low oil when I changed it.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
Is it using a lot of coolant?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
when you put the new intake mani gasket did you make sure all the old one was removed before placing and installing new gasket and mani? sounds like when my mani gasket was leaking coolant into the intake and smoked like hell

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
when you put the new intake mani gasket did you make sure all the old one was removed before placing and installing new gasket and mani? sounds like when my mani gasket was leaking coolant into the intake and smoked like hell
you are pumping coolant into the intake manifold, seen it before.
+1

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
I hope you didn't hook a coolant line up to a vacuum port on top of the throttle body.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts