Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my obx catch can today and i had a question:
here is a picture of the catch can:

my question is.......what the heck is the brass fitting on the very bottom (or top depending on which way its supposed to sit) for? I thought it would be a drain, but why would a drain have just an open dump? It didnt come with any instructions whatsoever, and there was no lines that came with it that will even fit that big of a fitting.

I may have it turned wrong....that could very well be the top, but never the less, the opposite side has a big cap on it that you can unscrew....i figured that would be used as the dump. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the brass fitting is used for and where it should be hooked to?

thanks

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its a drain. You can circulate it back in or plug it.
thanks, thats what i needed to know. I dont know how to circulate it back in, so i will just plug it i guess.

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
probably just tap the oil pan like you would for turbo. but ya capping it would be fine.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I was looking at those on ebay the other day. I need to cave in and get one.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got back from a parts store and they dont have any plugs that will fit the threads. SO, i guess i could just fill that drain elbow with some grey silicon gasket maker......or i could just shove a bolt wrapped in tefflon in there.

hmmm...........

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
it looks upside down if you ask me the screw on knob which is on top in tthe picture is the drain, you know you unscrew it oil drains out

·
Registered
777 Posts
where did u get that can??? im in need of one bad!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i would think you would have the knob on the bottom (as a drain) and have the barb on top to put a filter on.... how much did you grab that for? i need to get one too...

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where did u get that can??? im in need of one bad!!
i would think you would have the knob on the bottom (as a drain) and have the barb on top to put a filter on.... how much did you grab that for? i need to get one too...
got it off of ebay for about $40 shipped i believe. A little much i know, but i needed to get one :TU:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and whats this business about putting a breather filter on top of the fitting.......can i do that without crap spiiling out everywhere?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts