Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 ex coupe
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a letter in the mail from Experian (a major credit bureau, just in case lol). Saying that T-Mobile had mishandled my credit information and had it downloaded.......Not sure if this is something serious or what I should do....I almost debated getting a lawyer and going after T-Mobile. But its not like someone stole my identity....What would yall do?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,014 Posts
could be a scam. call both companies and ask.

do they have your account information, or just your credit history/score?

get a new card/account

·
Registered
98 ex coupe
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be a scam. call both companies and ask.

do they have your account information, or just your credit history/score?

get a new card/account
Its from Experian. It just seemed weird because they are offering me a free 2 years of credit monitoring. Maybe Ill call Experian tomorrow and ask. From what was said in the letter, They said that my history and score were downloaded. Which is a process in which hackers and shitbags steal peoples info. Ill call them tomorrow!

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
yea its the crap of the world.
everyone has the info stolen. 90% of the time nothing is done witht he stolen info.

I remember target got everyone card info stolen.
also remember a doctors office that had a lady steal peoples co pay and info.

So really just keep an eye out. i would call any number that is on the letter. Always find a number you know is real.

MY mother in law got scam like that.
She got a letter from her house insurance. Call them and they told her she could get a free $100 gift card just had to pay the $2 shipping fee.

said she kept saying no no no but the lady wouldnt give up so she gave in and gave her her card info.
Then said oh crap and hung up. Call them back and the number told her she was unable to call that number again and if she try again her phone number would be block.

So yea she had to change her band card.

So be careful calling numbers on letters like that.

also sign up to creditkarma and keep an eye on it.
I check mines just about ever 4 days.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
In the last 5 years, both the State of South Carolina AND my health insurer had their systems hacked or at least unauthorized access granted and my info has been compromised. In BOTH cases, they gave me free credit monitoring from two different parties...both I signed up for knowing full well each case was legit.

Sucks, but its the world we live in. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts