Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
First, i did some reasearch and i came to this thread. http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72688&highlight=rusty+head

I have surface rust on a spare y8 head inside the ports. does anyone know if it is ok to put the whole head down in the vinegar? Will it eat the seals or anything else?
it says steel and iron only, arent our heads aluminum?
yes they are.

OP: you could get it hot tanked for less, ~$20 at the local shop maybe less. don't be "cheap" with it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
places that do stuff like hot tanks and acid dipping is few and far between here in Oklahoma. There is a huge aftermarket demand around here and almost no one does anything. prolly better off just to send it to endyne (sp?) or golden eagle.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
really? any machine shop will have mineral parts washer and i really do mean any machine shop. oh and also a stealership will have a mineral parts washer. seriously, you could just ask the local honda/toyota/ford/etc. wel at least the one i have been to. i am sure if you ask the parts manager* to talk to the shop manager, something can be worked out.

*sorry, i am assuming you made nice with the local parts department. i always do where ever i might be moved to. if you don't, imho, you should.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah i thought the same thing.....every single machine shop has this. or maybe i should say 99%

1 - 10 of 10 Posts