Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impala 90 Civic
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well im drivin down the street and my needle for my temp is in the middle and then after a lil while it will go up to 3/4 of the way to hot then sometimes it jumps down to half but then i just stayed up there so i turned the heat on high and it stayed down...please give me some input

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
sounds like you have air in the line somewhere. take it home, let it cool off and bleed the system

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
how do i beed my system...is there a write up
Let it cool down, loosen the 12mm bleeder on the head, fill the radiator till a bubble free stream comes out of the bleeder. Fill the overflow to the max mark and let the car run with the radiator cap off until your thermostat opens up(the cooling fan should come on at least twice) and the air should bubble out. Check the fluid in the radiator and put the cap back on.

·
Registered
2002 Impala 90 Civic
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Let it cool down, loosen the 12mm bleeder on the head, fill the radiator till a bubble free stream comes out of the bleeder. Fill the overflow to the max mark and let the car run with the radiator cap off until your thermostat opens up(the cooling fan should come on at least twice) and the air should bubble out. Check the fluid in the radiator and put the cap back on.
when i fill the radiator till a bubble free stream comes out of the bleeder is what wit the car on or off?

·
Registered
547 Posts
let the car cool down. open up the bleeder and let the car run for a while. stop when you see just water coming off. you might also want to turn your heater on. might have a air bubble in there too.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
when i fill the radiator till a bubble free stream comes out of the bleeder is what wit the car on or off?
that's with the car off, I saw it metioned too that I forgot, slide the heater control all the over to hot before you start ;)

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
how long do i run it for and i cant get a hold of coolent right now all the parts stores are closed
run it until the fan kicks on twice, that's how you know the thermostat has opened up. It can take 15-20 min sometimes for it warm up fully and open up

·
Registered
547 Posts
how long do i run it for and i cant get a hold of coolent right now all the parts stores are closed
i am pretty sure it be save to use a water as sub. right now. it the weather get below 32 degree F during the night . you can play it save and wait tomorrow.

can the temp. senors go bad? or it a highly unlikey chance that the problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts