Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my steering wheel bumps to the left continously under normal acceleration keeps shaking but feels like vibration at higher speeds like 60, could this be unbalanced wheels...alingment or what? wanna know before i take it in for the alignment in case thats not it...

thanks in advance

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Do you have steelies or aftermarket wheels..
did you do anything like hit a curb before it started doing this..?
if it bumps left...Id go with the wheels...but its its a continuous left and shaking go with both...
Rotate and balance...with alignment..!
do you have anything else done to your car.?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now i have the stock steelies...started doing this very softly but now i can feel it more dont think i hit a curb or nothin... dont have anything else done to the car atleast drivetrain wise.. a friend of mine got some 16's laying around think im gonna put them on with new tires balance and align it..

think this will solve the problem??

·
Registered
205 Posts
it could do, sounds kinda strange, the car isint lowered i take it. what sort of condition are youre shocks in, could possibly be a bit of a bump steer problem but i would start with wheels and an alignment

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what causes the "bump steer"?

·
Registered
287 Posts
it could be that your tie rod end is Fed up but it soulds like you also may have some balance problems in your tires

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
sounds like you have a bent wheel. get a rotate and balance, then drive it to see if it keeps doing it. no need to have a shop tell you that you need an alignment if you can find out for yourself. you usually have to drop your car off for an afternoon for them to check anyways. so do the rotate and balance, check air pressures, then drive and see if you still have the problem.

W

·
0 Posts
Could be alot of things. But an alignment will not cure a vibration. I'd be looking at your tires. If it's worse when you accel then you could have a bad CV joint. If it's all the time and at low speeds too I'd be looking closely at the tires for a slipped belt. If all else fails take it to a shop and have them look it over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts