Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got the d in there and it cranked up fine and ran ok..

well we were street tuning it was rich as hell ..

after a while we started to get a misfire at low rpm..

anyhting below 2500 rpms sounds like a damn subaru but after that its smooths up and runs fine especially under boost .. its making 1st and second worthless @ only 10psi..

im getting a new dizzy spark plug wires tomorrow i changed the plugs today it didnt get better..

my battery is pretty weak if i leave the lights on for more than a minute it doesent want to start .. im thinking this might be the culprit..

also i checked the timing and i was a lil bit advanced.. i used my adj cam gear to get it back in time.. i was 5 degs off..

anyone got any ideas

·
Registered
30 Posts
check the alternator too... it could be a charging problem

·
Registered
140 Posts
well i got the d in there and it cranked up fine and ran ok..

well we were street tuning it was rich as hell ..

after a while we started to get a misfire at low rpm..

anyhting below 2500 rpms sounds like a damn subaru but after that its smooths up and runs fine especially under boost .. its making 1st and second worthless @ only 10psi..

im getting a new dizzy spark plug wires tomorrow i changed the plugs today it didnt get better..

my battery is pretty weak if i leave the lights on for more than a minute it doesent want to start .. im thinking this might be the culprit..

also i checked the timing and i was a lil bit advanced.. i used my adj cam gear to get it back in time.. i was 5 degs off..

anyone got any ideas
What kind of plugs are u using and gap?
Are you using a wideband or just wingin' it?
Crome tune im guessing??
Sounds more like a ignition issue and/or wrong basemap to begin with...
Get a new battery in there and check all your grounds....grounds are crucial and cant be too long of wire or too thin of wire...

has the cyl. head ever been decked or resurfaced?? If not, Set ur gears back to 0 and adjust the dizzy. Check the oil pump mark as reference with timing light. Most of the turbo setups i have done, i've never messed with the cam gear(s)....

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What kind of plugs are u using and gap?
Are you using a wideband or just wingin' it?
Crome tune im guessing??
Sounds more like a ignition issue and/or wrong basemap to begin with...
Get a new battery in there and check all your grounds....grounds are crucial and cant be too long of wire or too thin of wire...

has the cyl. head ever been decked or resurfaced?? If not, Set ur gears back to 0 and adjust the dizzy. Check the oil pump mark as reference with timing light. Most of the turbo setups i have done, i've never messed with the cam gear(s)....

i fixed it last night.

Bkr6E .025
aem wideband
hondata s300
rechecked timing it was only 5 degs off..

it was the battery...

i got my friends and boom it ran fine.. got the afrs dialed in today pulls damn good for 10psi.. alot faster than my stock head did with the gt30R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts