Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
i never buy sony sound equipment and i have a alpine in my car also...puts out good sound to my kickers and JLs....Pioneers good too... get acheapy amp to throw on the 4 speakers so you dont strain the radio and your set.

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
what about panasonic..pics plz..

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
I have the stock speakers still in my car and it bangs better than most peoples "premium" brand speakers. But there is definite room for improvement. The only reason i'm gonna be replacing them is because the rears are starting to crack up under heavy bass and they are 11 years old.

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
thats exactly what i was talkin bout from my sound thread the stock speaker..where would i find them at..can i get them from napa?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure what size speakers i need. The ones i have now are 5 1/4 but i dont think they are right. Rear has no speakers. So a amp with 4 total speakers is the answer? Is the amp needed for good sound? I thought my cd player has 50x4 watts, Still use a amp?

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
go to stereo shops that do installs...i went the guy said hed givem to me for free but i never went back:hammer:
i know a place but its high price..but i have no other choice..lol..

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
I am not sure what size speakers i need. The ones i have now are 5 1/4 but i dont think they are right. Rear has no speakers. So a amp with 4 total speakers is the answer? Is the amp needed for good sound? I thought my cd player has 50x4 watts, Still use a amp?
If you have a 4 channel stereo it is capable of operating 4 speakers (front-left and right, rear-left and right). you might have to wire the rear speakers in yourself. that means from the stereo, under the carpet or behind trim panels all the way to the rear. It is not hard, just time consuming and you work in cramped areas. I hate wiring, but it is do-able if you can wire a stereo up yourself.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would go with a set of components up front and a nice 2 channel amp. But if you are on a budget, I'd throw some 6.5 alpine type s speakers in the front and run it off the h/u. I wouldn't even worry about adding in rear speakers for rear fill.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It's the 5.25 speakers, they suck.
When I was redoing the stero in my hatch, I went to a bunch of stores looking for those speakers and couldn't find any that sounded good.
Even the cheap $12 6.5" speakers sound better than expensive 5.25's.

I ended up modifying the doors to accept 6.5's and getting infinity component speakers.

Here's a DIY I did on modifying EK doors for 6.5" speakers, I hope it helps you:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1319928

·
Registered
201 Posts
i know a place but its high price..but i have no other choice..lol..
i should of worded that better...tell them you want the factory take outs and theyll usually give you them for little or nothing if you just want to go back with factory speakers....

that is peak, RMS is the number you look for, its usually around 20-25 wtts RMS....RMS basically means what the radio can push without straining or distorting the sound by going into higher volumes....

so if you run an amp thats 40x4 RMS thats what the speaker is getting...and if you look up the RMS of most decent speakers they require 25+ which is straining the radio....

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you have a 4 channel stereo it is capable of operating 4 speakers (front-left and right, rear-left and right). you might have to wire the rear speakers in yourself. that means from the stereo, under the carpet or behind trim panels all the way to the rear. It is not hard, just time consuming and you work in cramped areas. I hate wiring, but it is do-able if you can wire a stereo up yourself.
theres a easy way to hookup the amp without running wires if your just doing a mild system....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts