Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a y5 block in great condition, y5 cank that spun a rod bearing but is certainly fixable - $10 for both. a 96 ex 5speed tranny - $50. a y-something im - $20. y series valve cover - $10. and a 4 into 1 header - $40. almost forgot, aluminum oil pan - $30. pics are below, tell me what you guys think about it, oh and the head is a p08 z6 that i am doing a p&p on, there is a pic of that in there too.

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i will be using all of this whe ni start my turbo build, and yes i am going to be using an ebay turbo kit, and yes i know that they aren't the greatest, but its all i can afford anymore, a new house and kids kinda suck the wallet dry pretty quick.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
912 Posts
#2 spun?

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it's spun, i'm gonna have the crank redone back to stock at my local machine shop hopefully next payday. i think all in all everything was a good deal though.

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
part out ;D?
yeah the guy had lots of stuff in his building, i tried to get him to sell me both ex tranny's but he would only part with one of them, as well as a d15 that he had built into a mini-me, but he also would not part with it, i got everything else he had though:3dbiggrin:

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i need some good pistons and rods now though....

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn bro wtf??? how'd u get all this shit for so cheap? Craigslist? why cant i get lucky with finds like this?!?!?! lol
craigslist is where i found it all, i just got lucky, the guy needed to get rid of some stuff to make some room, plus he was a really nice guy, i actually bought more than i had originally planned to.

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
absolutely positive its a b0000 pa4 = ex tranny!!!
You just bought a HX block, HX tranny is also P4A B000, run the VIN plate on the tranny or PM it to me.

Somewhere I have a Honda VIN decoder

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You just bought a HX block, HX tranny is also P4A B000, run the VIN plate on the tranny or PM it to me.

Somewhere I have a Honda VIN decoder
ok i'll pm the vin to you, either way i go, 50 bucks still isn't bad. better than the small bearing tranny thats in my car now! pm sent

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
according to online honda vin decoders, it is indeed an ex tranny, wooooohoooooo!!!!!

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oops, made a mistake on the decoder, it is an hx, bummer, oh well at least i have a big bearing case now, now i am in search of some ex gears or at least a final drive, and once again, at least it is a little better than the pos vx tranny i'm currently running.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
which Vin decoder did you use? The link I had is now dead :(

Also the number was missing some digits.

1HG
EJ?
12x 1 = 5 speed, 2 = DX or HX

Still a good backup tranny.....I built one about like it for backup.

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
which Vin decoder did you use? The link I had is now dead :(

Also the number was missing some digits.

1HG
EJ?
12x 1 = 5 speed, 2 = DX or HX

Still a good backup tranny.....I built one about like it for backup.
i used the one from decodethis.com, it told me about the car that it came in, it's a 97 hx tranny, but i will still use it for something, if nothing else, i will use it to build a race tranny using mfactory gears, bearings and syncros.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts