Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my Del Sol project breaking in the engine, and noticed my tranny is A000... which from other threads i remember Bone's saying it was a bad thing cuz this one came in cx/dx/ and so and so. im building a hybrid tranny so i guess i gotta go find a si/ex (Booo)...? whats the gear ratio in the A000?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! next queston: dx and cx have the same p20/aooo, How do i know which is the cx 3rd gear( 1.0066)? whats the teeth count?

·
Registered
465 Posts
grandpa said:
Thanks! next queston: dx and cx have the same p20/aooo, How do i know which is the cx 3rd gear( 1.0066)? whats the teeth count?
Just count the teeth on both the counter and mainshaft gears and divide.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
30 teeth for the mainshaft gear
32 teeth for the countershaft gear

32/30 = 1.066

But to use the CX 3rd without grinding, it would have to be installed inth a 4g tranny.

Your del Sol could use the 3rd gear from STD/HF tranny. Soon I'll be splitting a HF tranny for parts.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey has anyone had trouble grinding the 4th gear form the zc to put into a si/ex box? Any side effects?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
grandpa, I'm the only person to do it :)

Trust me, when I split the HF box, likely this week, the 3rd gear has your name on it. $20 + shipping is the normal charge.

The HF case I'm splitting is to fix 3-4 other trannys, not FUN!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
I that back the grinding comment, The 11.6-11.8 second white 5g hb, he uses a CRX 4th (.934) which has to be ground to fit a 5g tranny.

BTW when I'm ready to ship, I prefer Paypal.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool! well thats good info, hey call me and let me know if the gear is good and i can purchase form ya.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts