Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past two years, I have been hunting birds with some guys from work. Our shop is on the edge of state property, and we get an hour lunch. Typically, it is a quick walk through a field for dove, sometimes the woods for squirrels. This past year I went ahead and got my federal stamp for ducks and geese. We went out once so far for geese and guy skunked. This past weekend I stopped by a friend’s house before the bears game to see if he had any geese at his pond. He had already murdered one with his Benelli M4 tactical shotgun. Running out of time before the game I didn’t get to murder any geese but I did clean the one he shot. Two breast lobes, and two legs and thighs. I have been warned that goose does not taste good, so I offset grilled a breast lobe with a little salt and pepper. While preparing the breast lobe, I did notice that the meat was already “well done” compared to a hand test for steak. Cooked it until 165°F which was probably too much.

The flavor was not bad at all, it was very tough. This gives me a good idea on how to cook them now. I am thinking I will braise the rest, with a Mexican twist of sorts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts