Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using Google Wallet since it came out but there hasn't been many options on where to use it. Recently it has been catching on with online retailers which is great because I have always hated PayPal but it was the only easy option available, till now!

Google Wallet
Google Wallet said:
Send money to your friends and family within Gmail using Google Wallet. It’s free to send money from your Google Wallet Balance or directly from your bank account. You can also pay with your credit and debit cards for a low fee of 2.9% per transaction (minimum $0.30). Receiving money is always free.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it have seller and buyer protection like paypal?
Not exactly like PayPal, as PayPal is setup to protect PayPal profits not really to protect buyers and sellers. All the standard protection measures offered by credit card companies are carried over. I read into it some and Google does provide a mediation service like PayPal does.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Careful, because it's not protected like other pay forms. Any hacker with enough skill can take your info as you activate google wallet, on your phone as your using it....say in line at mickey d's or any other place that has those swipe pads. My nexus 4 has NFC (????) tech and I've used it a few times. Very helpful if your card is eff'd. I use it at mickey d's and the gas station to be quick. But like I said, a dude with a hacker app that grab data as he walks by can snatch your shit without reaching his hand in your pocket.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Absolutely hate Ebay, and paypal.

Always been a fan of Amazon. Their customer service is simply amazing.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
id say the less companys that have access to my bank account the better.

i have no issues with paypal. they have been very helpful when a payment goes wrong or something.

google like to track what you do anyway.(dont get me wrong i LOVE google) i just dont think i like them tracking every part of my life.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Careful, because it's not protected like other pay forms. Any hacker with enough skill can take your info as you activate google wallet, on your phone as your using it....say in line at mickey d's or any other place that has those swipe pads. My nexus 4 has NFC (????) tech and I've used it a few times. Very helpful if your card is eff'd. I use it at mickey d's and the gas station to be quick. But like I said, a dude with a hacker app that grab data as he walks by can snatch your shit without reaching his hand in your pocket.
The way Wallet works prevents this, yes NFC can be hacked but the Wallet app is a little harder to do then just some hacker app. Every time the Wallet app is used via NFC it makes a virtual handshake, so only one transaction can take place at one time. Every transaction will show up on your phone. You can remotely lock the Wallet if you lose your phone also.

Their fees is what poses me of most

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
They charge the SENDER 2.9%(minimum .30) so up to $10 it is $0.30, and they only charge this when you use a credit/debit card to send money via Gmail or Google Wallet. If you are using Wallet to buy something from a retailer it is free.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The only issue I had with paypal was when they asked me fore my SSN. I told them to get bent. They told me that it was OK after a while. heh.

I use Paypal and eBay a lot, though Amazon has been my primary go to for shopping for quite some time, and they are even giving Rockauto a hard time.

·
Registered
m1165a2 HMMWV
61 Posts
I've been looking for an alternative to Pay Pal. I have never been a huge fan, I don't even keep money in my account anymore. I use a credit card through them when I make a purchase that requires I use Pay Pal.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
id say the less companys that have access to my bank account the better.

i have no issues with paypal. they have been very helpful when a payment goes wrong or something.

google like to track what you do anyway.(dont get me wrong i LOVE google) i just dont think i like them tracking every part of my life.

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,388 Posts
Ive had many issues with them over the years BUT I buy and sell a lot on there. Thousands of items over the years.

Either way its good for everyone. If paypal has competition it will force them to add new products and services for its users in order to compete.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Every company tracks you these days, yes Google loves to do it more then others but you can opt out of a lot of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts