Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I now say goodbye to my first car and the family car I grew up with someone rear ended me on my way to work and now the cost to repair it is gonna be too much so it's gonna be totaled... So now I transferred all my parts possible that I would want into my 93 del sol si any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
^X2

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Buy it back from insurance and then either fix it or part it out.
If it's totaled it depends on the laws in the state. I.E. I can't get a vehicle registered in Al that has a bad / salvage title. I've got to have special licensing (to the tune of $10k) in order to "rebuild" cars.

He might be in the same boat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would fix it but theres frame damage and the quoted price to get it fixed was around 3000 which isnt worth it cuz I also had 221k miles on it and already salvaged due to theft so with everything added up its kinda not worth all the trouble right

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have the WORST rusted out del sol and I can make more parting it out with 6 sales than what I can sell it for as a running beater. I bought a friend's 00 Lude to fix up, then found out it was worse off than expected. Same deal - I paid for it with 6 sales and still have a pile of parts worth 2x what I originally paid.

The frontend is always desirable, same with the hood. Silver is harder to color match, so that's a bonus. The climate control is another thing people go for. Around here you can get at least $500 fror nearly any car if it has the engine/trans. Someone took that Prelude I stripped BARE for free, and I hadn't even x-fer'd the title (there's a form WI can use).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts