1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
For $690 you should get the tranny with it and from what I can see the tranny is not included... By a zc from hmotors the're only $550 and a zc tranny is only $150 plus shipping....

·
Registered
349 Posts
yeh its a little hight ..for that price they should include the tranny , go elsewhere

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a question. Do you plan to rebuild the engine? If the engine is older than 4 years youl probably not notice much diffrence dropping it right into a car without rebuilding it.So ive read in project car mag. It says theirs no rule for cars in japan to rebuild engines at 40,000km, then it says theirs this "shaken" law that states after the vehicles third birthday it goes through hefty taxes and inspections.The article is called "hip to clip" in "project car magazine" any one know if the law is true or false that theese engines are only driver 40 000km minumum.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have a question. Do you plan to rebuild the engine? If the engine is older than 4 years youl probably not notice much diffrence dropping it right into a car without rebuilding it.So ive read in project car mag. It says theirs no rule for cars in japan to rebuild engines at 40,000km, then it says theirs this "shaken" law that states after the vehicles third birthday it goes through hefty taxes and inspections.The article is called "hip to clip" in "project car magazine" any one know if the law is true or false that theese engines are only driver 40 000km minumum.
as far as i know, that is basically how japan's 'emissions' work... Older motors give off worse emissions; so when it reaches a certain time (not sure if they go by age or by mileage) they get taxed more for the older motor; so it is cheaper for the owner to swap in a new motor. And thats why we get so many cheap, low-mileage j-spec motors :TU:

·
Registered
30 Posts

HMO FTW!!! Only cuz you can buy a tranny with it. But notice shipping from HMO will be 600-900 if I am not mistaken. It will also take usually a couple of weeks to get it. My friend ordered a Dohc Zc from HMO and shipping was very expensive and it took a couple weeks to receive it.

Check and see how much shipping is from the one on ebay and if it's low enough you can probably find you a cable tranny and end up getting it cheaper than HMO... Just do some research before you buy. Find out shipping cost and all that first, then make a decision.

·
Registered
77 Posts
To me thats a good price.. I paid $550 in 2004 and I didnt get the Intake or Exhaust manifold... or a distributor.. shit I got ripped off. I want a refund.

That price seems ok to me... if its a good motor, you'll be happy for the price. I just posted a video of my ZC accelerating, check it out. I love mine.. now all I need is a turbo or supercharger.

·
Registered
335 Posts
agreed

I love the power to weight ratio with the dohc zc,zc tranny and pm7, make sure you get all this or youl be disapointed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts