Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sohc motors, lay it out for me :)

N/A, boost, wutever, give me a good setup :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it all depends on how much $$$ you have and what class you are running in autox....post back with your class and budget and we can probably guide you into a baseline setup. also keep in mind suspension and personal driver skills improves times alot more than most engine mods unless you car is particularly underpowered for the course....

-Juan

·
Registered
338 Posts
Dont know whats best but I am gonna be running in SM2. 90 CRX Si, HF manifold, DSM T25 turbo (very fast spooling). gonna make good I hope

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
if this is one of your first times out auto xing make sure to stay as stock as you can so you can get the feel for the car. then go from there and see what weaknesses your car might have and improve on that. What I would do if I were you is go get a rule book so you can determine what mods you can do for what classes.

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Just top off the oil and coolant... then go do some turning and burning!

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
fireant said:
Just top off the oil and coolant... then go do some turning and burning!

that is by far the best way to start

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
boostREX said:
Dont know whats best but I am gonna be running in SM2. 90 CRX Si, HF manifold, DSM T25 turbo (very fast spooling). gonna make good I hope
Okay since your in street mod 2 the ruls are VERY open. I would tell you if your new get what you can out of the engine but dont push it to much. I figure if you make 200hp (flywheel) your are doing great already ) concentrate on driving, and getting a feel for the car once you get consistent times on street tires (start out with those so you can learn the car better) then switch to the widest rim that you can fit under there with R compound. (remeber its all about the contact patch) I recommend the kumho's because they are cheap and decent as far as R goes (especially if your learning you dont want to flat spots some hoosiers and start crying...)

now if you dont have the $$ to do all this. I would 1. consider a different class (or if thats not an option) then 2. concentrate on driver improvment and better tires, suspension(in that order)

-Juan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts