Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a m-flared body kit on my car and it has room in the back bumper for dual exhaust. (i know dual exhaust is useless! but it looks cool!) what do you think would sound cool???? i was thinkin of a flowmaster for a camaro or something along those lines.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
funny..... ive never seen a cool dual exaust set up on a civic. must just be me. magnaflow will give a hallow raspy sound. it is a more open chamber design when it comes to the dual outs.gonna be hard to find something that will sound good on a civic that is dual.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have a m-flared body kit on my car and it has room in the back bumper for dual exhaust. (i know dual exhaust is useless! but it looks cool!) what do you think would sound cool???? i was thinkin of a flowmaster for a camaro or something along those lines.

They look ricey, they sound ricey. and are unneeded on a 4cyl

Are you 17-18?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
heres the only picture i could find of mine...
I was almost forced to put duals on...
i got the bumper cheap..
got the mufflers cheap...its a "Y" pipe
its loud with no turbo (as it is right now)...but as soon as it gets a little bit warmer..I plan on putting the turbo back on

& with turbo you cant really hear the car...
me & my girl hates loudness of a car (civic)
but with turbo its all love!

duals are really only for cars (civics) with 1000HP+...
(because thats when you really cant get no bigger then a 4inch exhaust)

so really pointless unless you have a bumper that makes it look good & a turbo to keep it quiet......IMO

·
El Noob
2,794 Posts
I had the same idea. Wanted to put a dual exhaust on my civic because I was trying to be original......That didn't work out. Some guy on another civic beat me to it. :( lol now I don't care . It looked alright. But doesn't seem like its "ment" for the car.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
heres the only picture i could find of mine...
I was almost forced to put duals on...
i got the bumper cheap..
got the mufflers cheap...its a "Y" pipe
its loud with no turbo (as it is right now)...but as soon as it gets a little bit warmer..I plan on putting the turbo back on

& with turbo you cant really hear the car...
me & my girl hates loudness of a car (civic)
but with turbo its all love!

so really pointless unless you have a bumper that makes it look good & a turbo to keep it quiet......IMO

People with 1000hp civics dont have exhaust or rear bumpers. let alone drive them on the street

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
problem with most non-OEM dual outlet Civic exhausts, HUGE NOISY FART TIPS!

Vibrant kit for example.......

IF wanting the dual outlet, I'd look into a 82-02 Camaro single inlet, dual outlet, smallest I've found quickly is 2.5" in, dual 2.5" out

$83

$120

Thing is, looks like the cheaper uses the same Series 80 muffler, just necked down inlet, and it's cheaper! 3" in dual 2.5" out would be good on a turbo setup. I'd look into a 82-02 V6 near stock replacement, dual outlet should be 2.25" inlet.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Dynomax 17739 - Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler For Camaro/Firebird

Camaro/Firebird
Early, Crossflow-Style
In/Out: 2-1/2''
Body Length: 19''
289-17739

$62

Run 2.25" piping to the tips, keep them small, should be plenty quiet.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
BODY KITS ARE THE WORST THING U CAN DO 2 A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY MAKE YOUR CAR LOOK SOOOO DUMB. JUST THROW THE WHOLE THING AWAY AN START OVER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

AN NEVER EVER BUT DUAL EXHAUST ON A CIVIC!!!! YOUR KILLIN IT

1 LOVE - JDM
fuck JDM and all caps posting.

Yes I also hate body kits, but it is his car. Some people enjoy showing their car. If you don't like the looks of his car, STFU, JDM BOYEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,837 Posts

You won't see a 1000whp Civic w/ a dual exhaust.

Dual setups are purely for looks, because there is definately no performance gain in it on a Civic. Most will say it looks like crap/ricey (and I would agree) or whatever, but do what makes you happy with the car. There have been some good suggestions on how to do it posted above. My recommendation to you is either...
A. Fill up that other hole and run a standard exhaust.
B. Buy a new rear bummper
C.
D.

Z. run duals

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
fuck JDM and all caps posting.

Yes I also hate body kits, but it is his car. Some people enjoy showing their car. If you don't like the looks of his car, STFU, JDM BOYEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
:0wnage:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i actally had this car looking really good with the stock bumpers i had the carbon fiber lips and jdm light you know all the good stuff! but some one elce wanted them more and when i was gone they stole them! i got this kit for free. right now i have 3inc all the way back into a apexi can

my car does not have the blades anymore got some rota's

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Real S2K guys remove the dual and put a single exhaust. :TU:

Just take some fiberglass and fill the 2nd exhaust hole on your bodykit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts