Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it has been a while. I finally got a bit of cash and first thing on my list is getting my suspension sorted out. Currently I have a set of completely blown cheap coilovers that came with my 89 CRX HF car.

Not doing anything to crazy, want something reliable and going for stock height with decent ride around Galveston and occasional trips to Houston, decent/good handling would be a plus, but it has to be something my wife could tolerate if she needs to come with me.

Currently I am thinking all Koni Orange,as that was kinda the go to in the past, but not sure what newer products are out, or if Koni Oranges are still up there on the list. On springs/swaybar I am very open to any suggestions.

Currently has the stock front HF brakes and rear 90-91 Si disks, have a set of 10.3" fronts that will go on eventually.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
H&R Soft Sport. Not sure if the STR.T are offered for EF's yet of it you still have to use the EG forks on the front. ST sway bars.

I'd give you mine but they are holding up my old 89 HF....on OEM replacement shocks.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look good, except I really want to remain at least stock height as Galveston floods all the freaking time, and has some really terrible driveways as well.

I have a full set of ebay adjustable perches laying around somewhere, I wonder if those would work with the H&R springs? Or any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a set of the Koni oranges for an 89-91 CRX for $266 shipped. I have some springs laying around: the stock HF springs, the springs from the blown K Sport coilovers, and a set of cheap generic civic ebay springs and adjustable perches. I think I will try the stock HF front springs on the rear then toss the lighter of the Ksport or ebay springs on the front with the adjustable perches and see how that goes, if they are just too much I can get new springs then.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Digging around through my buckets of stuff I decided on the following:

Fronts: Konis + 2 high hats + 2 full length stock springs that seemed significantly stiffer than stock CRX springs, maybe they came off an integra, not sure where I even got them.

Back: Konis + front (stiffer) 2 springs from a set of full length ebay progressive springs.

It sits a bit higher now, which is a very good thing for Galveston, and the ride is good. The handling still seems pretty decent, but it does have increased body roll, so I will have to pickup at least a rear swaybar at some point as this is an HF body with nothing in the rear.

Thanks everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts