Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a decent cam for my zc vtec. I want something that wont completly kill low end power. What do some of you guys run? Please let me know what cam you use and what kinda power it made

thanks

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Your going to go no where trying to make great low end power. Its a honda, no such thing. Look at something for mid to High.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that, but just dont wanna lose all my low end power. I know a guy with a crx that had a bullforg cam. And it was very slow till it got to about 5200rpm than it opened up like a b16's vtec (built d16a6) i just dont wont nothing that bad

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Crower stage 2 has good low end. So does my stage 3.
Idles at about 900 rpm, and moves along nicely from 2-2500 rpm.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i agree, crower stage 2 would be a nice setup on stock springs and retainers with stock revlimit. Jimmyb34 runs it in his ZC vtec and loves it. if you are planning on building the head, go with a crower stage 3, and prepare to have it tuned.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I dont plan on building the head as of yet. I wanna get a cam and finish my turbo kit. And run that for a while. And jimmyb34 if you read this thread could you tell me what your setup is and what kinda power your making.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
if your going to run a turbo kit i wouldnt get a NA cam. just put that $$$ into the kit and then get a turbo cam later.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Yeah, if you're going turbo I think I'd rather get the Crower turbo cam or stay stock.
Problem is you can't adjust overlap on a SOHC. I think that makes the NA cams less desirable than in a DOHC engine.

I may be off here, but that's my reason for not recommending them in a turbo build.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts