Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought id share...

As some of you guys know, i had a 99 EK Sohc non vtec built with vitara pistons and i sold it around 9 months ago.. Well the new owner has taken good care of it and has taken over the project i started. I saw the car yesterday.

The car is still being tuned by my mechanic and some changes have been done.

Previous power(when i had it) was 266whp and 240lbs/ft on 93oct and 18PSI from a T3 Super 60. the car could run full body/interiors/full exhaust and pump gas a time of 12.4 @ 111mph and that just revving and making power up to 6800rpms since it has a stock Y7 head.

The new owner took the car to the dyno and got better numbers. The car dynoed at the same boost(and an almost a dead Super 60 turbo) of 18PSI
280whp and 257lbs/ft but not only that.. the car makes and holds power up to 7200rpms now and has a nice almost flat power line of 2000rpms

the changes made to the car were:
Switch from Uberdata to Crome Pro
Switch from a light Flywheel to stock Flywheel
Block was decked a lil cause it was a lil bit arched(so it has slightly higher compression now)
Added Catch can setup

So it should run 11's soon.

The bad news is that 2 days after the dyno the turbo finally gave up but no problem cause the owner already has a T3/t4e 57 trim turbo and Edelbrock Intake Manifold to install so it should make even better numbers in the next week. So on spring break the car will have the new goodies.

They expect atleast 350whp out of the soch non vtec with stock head and around 20-22PSI with new turbo on Pump gas and full exhaust.

I will try to get the dyno plot from my mechanic to post it up.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
according to Crome Pro at 18PSI the 450cc injectors are almost maxxed out at 83% duty cycle so he will have to get bigger injectors if he wants to go over 300whp safely..

Ohh another importan point to mention is also that the tranny was changed from a 98ex tranny to a 92-95SI tranny cause the 98 tranny blew up. They swapped the OBX LSD from one tranny to the other and according to the tranny guy the LSD looked like it was just taken out of the box.. so these suckers do hold up the abuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts