·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
i have an audiobahn 1000q...10" comp sub, best sounding sub i've ever heard, unless it is inside a bandpass, then it SUCKS!! but it is the best sounding 10" sub for ported or enclosed boxes imho

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
JL or Memphis

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
infinity perfect

/thread
:TU:

Thats what I've got in a sealed box with a shitty bazooka amp and its more than enough, especially since it doesn't take up shit for room.

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
best bet is to find a nice used of referb memphis mojo,jl w7,and last but not least mtx 9500.

infinity perfect is def a good sub and they're goin for about 150ish its all on how much you got to spend also what is goin to be pushing these?and as for your trunk its all on how much space/waight you want of can deal with shit i had 2 15"s,also have have 3 12"s and a single 12" in my civic

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
None of the ones you posted in those links. Out of those the Alpine is fair...IF I had to choose one. The infinitys arent bad and do sound great, they just do it rather quietly. Dont expect slamming low extensions. You are trying to find a 10" sub comparable to a 12" L7. You do realize thats a shitload more cone surface? I tell ya what, these sound really good I was very impressed. They are made by TCSounds and if you have ever heard a TC you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.soundsplinter.com/rli10_subwoofer_information.html

If you can budget it
http://www.audiopulse.com/products/subwoofer-drivers/revo

game over.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
best bet is to find a nice used of referb memphis mojo,jl w7,and last but not least mtx 9500.

infinity perfect is def a good sub and they're goin for about 150ish its all on how much you got to spend also what is goin to be pushing these?and as for your trunk its all on how much space/waight you want of can deal with shit i had 2 15"s,also have have 3 12"s and a single 12" in my civic
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8515_Kenwood+KAC-9103D.html

going to buy this, i just want something clear thump like the jl w7.

Had kicker L7 its just too much bass and isn't clear to hear my songs.

just want a single 12 or 10

what is this d4 and d2 ohms?

·
Registered
94 Civic
255 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic
255 Posts
damn 2bills will hurt my pocket lol i gotta also get custom box for the sub.

looking almost 5bills.
yeah, but i fall under the "sound quality" group. i like my music, whether i'm listening to it or playing it, i want it to sound right, not boomy, not inaccurate and Soundsplinter's are top notch. customer service kicks ass also.

if i were to suggest a "cost effective" sub, i say Infinity.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
yeah, but i fall under the "sound quality" group. i like my music, whether i'm listening to it or playing it, i want it to sound right, not boomy, not inaccurate and Soundsplinter's are top notch. customer service kicks ass also.

if i were to suggest a "cost effective" sub, i say Infinity.
tempting lol

its like pay 150 or just pay a little more and u get something better.

whats this dual 4 ohms and single 4 ohms?? for the RL

is this the infinity yall talking about?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7823_Infinity+Kappa+Perfect+10d+VQ.html

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
i have a 12in pioneer immp pulled from a dumpster about 7 years ago w/ one of those lightning audio sub boxs u buy at meijer that need to be assembled(meijer is like a super wal-mart and there only located in mi,oh,il,ky) and a 450w amp from meijer outlet store. i bridged it and have to set the gain to about half way....its to loud.

sub= free- out of dumpster
box= $15 (mega clearence sale)
amp=$25 ( outlet store)
wires= free- was in car when i bought it

$40 dollar system thats too loud.....lol ...i win

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
oh and this is the system i used to replace my two jl w6's in a nice box with a 1000w amp and my alpine head unit...... a local radio show held a car show at a local audio shop. there was a raffle at the end ( sign said you didnt have to be present to win. and enter as many tickets u want) well we stayed to the bitter end. at which point there was about 10 people. the guy said screw this you guys have all been here since 8am this morning and it 5pm. so if the name i call isnt here they dont win shit. lol so i ended up walking out with brand new $450 alpine head unit, and two jl w6's and all prizes came with free install.

needless to say it was a beautiful thing and it was gone 2 days later.... along with my driver side window and half my dash (doucebag its a slide out radio u dont need to take a prybar to the whole dash)

edit: sorry i wasnt trying to threadjack...... JL W-SERIES FTMFW

1 - 20 of 63 Posts