Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok boys, the time has come to rebuild another motor. Now, I would like to rebuild a z6. Lately I've been taking scrap metal in and I thought to myself "I have a complete z6 in my garage, why not rebuild it with that money". So I want to try this. It might be a slow build, it might not. Going OEM. Nothing crazy. So let's go.

Note:
before I start, I would like to add that this rebuild is going to be dedicated to a good friend I knew for a short time that lost his life 3 weeks ago at the young age of 20. I remember when I was doing my GSR Rebuild, he rebuild a z6 for a clean Eg coupe he had. This one is for you Terry :TU:

Here is the motor that's we're going to rebuild.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the twist. I'm not going to use NO money from my pocket. All the funds are going to come from scrap metal I get from work. I'll post pics so you guys know exactly what I'm talking about. Last month I threw load of scrap metal and man, it was good so if I keep that going, I can make this rebuild happen with like 6 or 7 loads :)

I just throw it on a pile of metal this yard has. And yes, that was a Honda block. A blown D16y8 I had and a couple worn out clutches that were trash. Also perfect for scrap.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
now this is interesting GL pata

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
I've recently started taking back scrap metal, my pick and pull is attached to the metal scrapers....I haven't paid for a piece out of pocket since finding this out. I have a really nice load of scrap I'm saving. Make sure you spend some time removing steel from pure aluminum... Brought back some old junk rims that had steel inserts by the lug nuts, smashed out the steal so there pure aluminum and got $60!

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
lmk if you need z6 parts.
i only met Terry a couple of times, he seemed like a really nice guy.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
subscribed, gl mang, nice way to remember your hommie.

1 - 20 of 331 Posts