Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.. ive been saving money for a turbo setup.. currently i have the cx exhaust manfold, 16g eclipse turbo, im getting a front mount intercooler from my friend.. it came off his srt4.. and i just wanted to know if the vx motor can handle boost..

currently i have a y8 intake manifold.. zc tb, dc 4-2-1 header chipped po6 to vtec.. can this motor handle like 5 psi safely?? if it cant i can wait until i buy my z6 but i jsut wanted to know.. thankyou

·
Registered
291 Posts
siregcivic said:
hi.. ive been saving money for a turbo setup.. currently i have the cx exhaust manfold, 16g eclipse turbo, im getting a front mount intercooler from my friend.. it came off his srt4.. and i just wanted to know if the vx motor can handle boost..

currently i have a y8 intake manifold.. zc tb, dc 4-2-1 header chipped po6 to vtec.. can this motor handle like 5 psi safely?? if it cant i can wait until i buy my z6 but i jsut wanted to know.. thankyou
:TU: :mrgreen: :TU:

·
Registered
291 Posts
still going strong on 6-9 psi daily for about 2 1/2 months!! They said it would not last a day or two or even a week,....two weeks tops ( But theyyyy were wrong!) just don't be stupid and run high boost. Make sure your motor is in good condition first! Mileage is a good factor but doesn't matter way too much. I am pushing over 200 right now. Let's see some pics of yer ride!!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
meh.. the car itself is not that great.. just got a new'ish front bumper and right fender taht hasnt been painted yet... but ill go take some pics.. its spray painted right now.. and im starting to sand it and get it ready for paint.. still havent decided on what color yet tho...EDIT.. HERES SOME PICS..

i dont really care about the body that much... im more of a inside out kinda guy but its going to be painted in a few months..

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well.. ive ridden in vx's before.. and they are pretty slow.. um. this motor i have is faster than my dohc zc.. i raced a is300 with exhaust last night and it was pretty much dead even.. i think his back bumper was at my door.... ( this was in an industrial area btw.. i dont race in the city )

uh.. i ran a 10.15 with this motor in the eigth mile.. ( my old z6 got 9.66-9.89 ) so its not really that slow... i also am using the ex transmission.. so i know that helps alot.. with a 4puck solid hub clutch...

i never ran this motor in my car in stock form.. the day i bought it ( cuz i fuxed the dohc zc up ) i put the y8 mani on it with the dc header and im pretty much running it like a z6.. using a p06 ( dx ecu ) converted to p28 ( ex ecu ) specs with vtec at 4200 soo.. idk.. its pretty fast if ask me.. im really suprised that its not much slower than my old z6

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i think my headgasket is going to shit because every 2 days it gets pretty low on coolant.... and when i add water it constantly bubbles.. not bad but still.. its not supposed to do that.. and i dont have a thermostat soo idk

edit.. anyone know what headstuds to use from arp for this motor??? maybe the ones for a z6??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts