Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this in forced induction because most who have experience with this manifold probably are turbo'd. Anyway to the point, I recently bought it, all pumped up to switch the sensors and fuel rail to it. The sensors bolted up fine, but the fuel rail holes dont line up. (seen in pic) The tuner i had order it for me 'at his discounted cost' said the stock fuel rail bolts up to it. But as you can see only one hole lines up. If i use the hole on the far right to bolt it up all the injectors are shifted to the right and dont line up... So i used the middle hole and the injectors line up perfect, but that still leaves me with 2 holes that dont line up : ( I was disapointed for how much i spent on this and now i have modification to do. I'd hate to drill and tap 2 new holes.

So I contacted my tuner about it and he said ''They designed that manifold to work with one type of sohc fuel rail.'' so that leaves me with a guessing game of while fuel rail did they use to drill those holes???

Any Input appreciated!!! Theres jack shit on google for d16 Golden Eagle Intake help

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would assume if they only make it to fit one rail its probably a golden eagle fuel rail which run about 120$
This could be correct, but I i'm not sure. My luck is I'll buy the Golden eagle rail and those holes wont line up either. I'm thinking maybe calling Golden Eagle myself and asking them

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe the intake manifold is for a 88-91.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^ I think thats the answer! Wonder what made Golden Eagle want to use the 88-91 Era fuel rail?! Thank you brother! If that happens to be your manifold would you be able to take measure measurements from center to center holes for me? just to 100% verify.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Why not just drill 2 new hole in the fuel rail you have and call it a day?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Drill new hole in rail/end thread.

GE makes their fuel rails with two holes on that end for fitting it on different manifolds.

But really, you could drill another mounting hole in your rail and be done.

EDIT: started typing and didnt see car freaks post.. lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah looks like I'm drilling new holes in my stock rail. Found the 88-91 rail on ebay for around 25 bucks but i think making my own holes will be the route i take. Thanks guys for the input!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah looks like I'm drilling new holes in my stock rail. Found the 88-91 rail on ebay for around 25 bucks but i think making my own holes will be the route i take. Thanks guys for the input!
reviving this thread

Alston3ptSwish did you end up drilling the holes?

I'm facing the same issue and I'm debating on whether or not get a new fuel rail.

Alignment is not the only issue, the FPR it barely fits and on the other side the throttle cable doesn't reach, and even if it did, it doesn't fully open because it hits the fuel rail...

what do I need to do? buy new throttle body, new fuel rail, adapters? I haven't found a DIY for installing the GEM manifold.

geez, it was supposed to be bolt-on, d16-specific. :bs:

TIA!

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,952 Posts
thread started and died in 2014.

op hasn't logged on since 5/9/16.

some noob decides to bump it instead of pm'ing op......

mandatory

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts