Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be boosting soon, should i keep the longer geared y7 tranny or should i switch to the shorter geared y8 tranny.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
in any aspect of trying to go faster the shorter geared tranny is the better choice when dealing with these hondas. ive tried both believe me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I would personally say that it depends on what you want out of your setup, and what size turbo you're looking to use. Smaller turbo, quicker spool time, go with the shorter tranny. I don't know about anything else, but the best mod I've done to my y7 n/a was switching to a y8 tranny. :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok sweet. y8 it is. i know you guys don't know me well, but im pretty comfortable with working on my car. Would u guys suggest me to swap the tranny by myself with some friends? or dish out the money for a shop to do it??

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
id do it myself personally. make sure while you have it open to resurface your flywheel, and get a new clutch that will hold more power. your oem clutch wil be toast. maybe get an act street clutch with an extreme pressure plate

·
Registered
136 Posts
do it yourself and spend the "shop swap" money on a new upgrades!:hammer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts