Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am going to national trails today hopefully i will hit at least 15's last year my best time was 16.1 with 2.5-2.8 60's, i have been practicing my launch and i think i have it down pat so hopefully i will able to lower my 60 and get into the 15's. my car is 92' si with CAI, header, no cat, 2 1/4" exhaust to a borla race muffler, p/s and a/c delete. i think that the car is capable of running 15's we will see tonight i guess. peace

p.s. should i lower my front tire pressure or not, and of so what should i drop it to (stock 14" tires with 32 psi currently)

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
if you learned how to drive i dont see why you couldnt get into the 15s

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Has the wait to race on fridays got any better? Track prep there sucks lately I heard.

Oh and good luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sometimes when i go it is not to bad, last year i went and i got like 8 passes and then once i only got like 3 passes i guess it just depends.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bad, my best time was a 16.4 at 86mph with a 2.5 60 i'm spinning like crazy off the line, i tried all different launch rpm's but unless i just left regular i would spin, you guys think that a set of drag radials would be worth it? i mean do you think that it would drop my times enough to make it worth it to get the drag radials? or you think something is wrong with my car? i will post up some slips after while

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
They will definetly help. There's alot of things that will help with traction. Motor mount inserts are great to eliminate wheel hop. A limited slip diff helps alot. Stiffer spring rate in the front will keep your wheels and power to the ground. Traction bars work great. There's alot of variables to dialing traction even the pro's have problems.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
unless the track is horrible you shouldn't be spinning so much with the power level you're at.

did you slip the clutch off the line or just drop it?
Sometimes the track is horrible.The nhra sold it and the new owners don't care about it.Alot of fast cars don't run all out because it's not worth it to put your car into a wall if it gets loose cause the track isn't right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts