Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is whats going down i have a 94 eg si hatch with a 1.5b and a 1.6 vtec head and i replaced all the gaskets including the head gasket and when the head was off the timing got moved around and the car wont start so my first question i need help on is how to set my timing back, and my second question is i am going to swap my b18 ls gsr tranny eg coupes motor in to the hatch and the mini into the coupe so my question is do i need anything or should they just drop right in and start on first crank or what do i need to do?

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
The chassis are identical except being a coupe and hatch so everything thats in 1 car can go in the other. You will need to change everything for each motor over of course, like axles and shift linkage.

Your timing issue can be solved by lining up the timing marks on the cam gear with their appropriate positions and the crank with its appropriate position and put the belt on without moving them and tensioning properly.

Pretty simple my friend.

·
Registered
75 Posts
like said above they are bolt in plug and play swaps. and download a copy on the honda repair manual it will show u how to line up your timing marks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts