Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
400hp d16!!!!
how hard will this be i have a stock z6 block, head, intake manifold, etc. etc. im looking to get the block sleeved here very soon and am looking for some creative ways to make this thing a sleeper! :) im going to be purchasing the vitara pistons, fjt rods, i will more than likely be notching the block myself. i have a resistor box to run dsm injectors if i want. just looking for some suggestions/ideas on how to reach my 400hp dream!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
sleeves are just a peace of mind, there are vitara setups that are hitting well over 400hp with stock sleeves. sure its way more reliable but reliability is in your tuners hand and how well you maintain it...

i would suggest bigger injectors for the 400hp range. and obviously a 255lph fuel pump.
3inch dp should be on that list..

what is the current setup?
turbo?
turbo manifold?
headwork isnt that much on a turbo application because your forcing air in one way or another. but it doesnt hurt to change the cam out..

basically your lowering the compression when putting these vitaras in. so why not increase the horsepower naturally first before the turbo add, get a cam and increase na power first and go from there. the more power u have NA will make it easier to hit 400hp..

if your looking to port anything dont go crazy all you want is the air to be a straight shot into the head from the IM nothing big or anything...
same thing goes for the exhaust side have the exhaust have a straight shot flow into the manifold. just gasket match the port holes, you could do the same for the turbo exhaust housing.

if you get a bigger TB gasket match the IM as well.. dont go too big.

also depends where you want power. we know honda motors are high end because of such small displacement and stroke, an intake manifold that has shorter runners will increase high end but lack the low end.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is no current setup right now this is a winter build so it is all going to be bought... either off you yor guys here or some of the sponsors of the website. maybe i would be able to find a stock block at a local junkyard here but the block i have now is cracked i noticed when i took the head off and the valves were white so i checked that cyl. and there is a tiny crack about 1 inch in length. but im looking for mid to top end power. i also have a stock tranny out of a 96hatch dx.. (current car that is getting this motor)
but i am going to be taking it to jeff evans as soon as the whole motor is finished and ready for tuning. just have to make sure i have everything i need to reach my goal.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Why would you sleeve a vitara motor. For the cost of sleeving you could have 2 built blocks so if something happens you will have a backup. You act like 400 has never been done and on stock sleeves. You need to do some more looking around. All stock components can get you to 400hp with just rods n pistons. I know I have said this to you before hard headed you are. But buy all means please waste some money then come back and ask if you made a mistake or unwise purchase.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im sorry bud but i have never asked anyone on this forum about making 400hp and i ask for a little bit of help and you give me a smartass answer for anything that sounds like a legit question, in this case im just tryin to get some ideas so i dont make a mistake and blow money on unnecessary shit,i know im a noob but damn tryin to get a little help out of someone who has been here a little longer is ridiculous. but thank you sohcpower for some ideas, you took the question seriously and gave me a mature answer!

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
im sorry bud but i have never asked anyone on this forum about making 400hp and i ask for a little bit of help and you give me a smartass answer for anything that sounds like a legit question, in this case im just tryin to get some ideas so i dont make a mistake and blow money on unnecessary shit,i know im a noob but damn tryin to get a little help out of someone who has been here a little longer is ridiculous. but thank you sohcpower for some ideas, you took the question seriously and gave me a mature answer!
No you ask the same question everyone else ask instead of looking around trying to figure it out. You ask open ended questions and you expect someone to spoon feed you. And if you would have read my repsonse you would have noticed I just told you what you need. Open your eyes and re read my response in there was a little help. So less posting and more researching. You know how long I fucking read and read and read and researched before boosting my car a year your no different. We are not here to feed you the info we are hear to give you a kick in the right direction.

So if I give you everything that you need will you want me to drive it for you as well.:dots:

Oh and Im pretty sure it was you that said something about 400hp and sleeving a motor with vitaras and I told you the same thing DONT!!!!!!!!! Go all out or budget dont mix the 2. Thats like having a sleeved motor and vitara's and a ebay turbo............

·
Registered
869 Posts
well just build the bottom end.
pistons
rods
head studs
injectors
a good turbo setup
and a few other odds and ends
hey then you have it

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i have never asked anyone on this forum about making 400hp
really? seems like you did in your thread opening post.. notice:
how hard will this be
it reads just like a question. true, you failed to type in a question mark. but with the way you type, i bet there was suppose to be one there.

so boosted was just showing you how we treat most people who click the log on button and as for a spoon feeding.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well just build the bottom end.
pistons
rods
head studs
injectors
a good turbo setup
and a few other odds and ends
hey then you have it
thanks man how would and stock a6 block mix with the z6 head i READ! some people were using it but its like incomplete threads they all say they are doing this and that and never finish it... so just wondering

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
thanks man how would and stock a6 block mix with the z6 head i READ! some people were using it but its like incomplete threads they all say they are doing this and that and never finish it... so just wondering
stop, breath and re-write...

the a6 bottom would work well with a z6 head. just pull the oil jet and slap the head on. really that simple.

now, any more spoon feeding will require that i neg rep you. seriously, if you have read up on the subject, links to the threads that confused you would help your "story".

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha wtf i see my posts have gone down.... that must be my punishment for wanting to build my motor.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
no, either the mods moved some of your BS posts to the newb section or the system deleted some of them. either way, why does that matter? post count means nothing, unless your just here to sell something......

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im here to help me with my build i have nothing to sell... if i were out to sell something i would use ebay or other selling sites.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats what im thinking here i am probably going with one of his kits here come income tax time until then i am getting the motor ready for boost and bank some money for this turbo kit...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
wait!!!! first question what is the budget for this build???
from here will start the path to knowledge and understanding of how 400hp can be achieved

·
Registered
295 Posts
I agree with SOHC, budget is a HUGE determining factor on how you build it. When i built my motor i didn't use a budget. I wanted to build somethign that would last so i didn't skimp on anything. I have a DOHC ZC. I sleeved my block, forged pistons and rods. OEM bearings, built head, t3to4e turbo, zdyne engine management amongst other things. Give us some more info so we can steer you in the right direction.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
the a6 bottom would work well with a z6 head. just pull the oil jet and slap the head on. really that simple.

now, any more spoon feeding will require that i neg rep you. seriously, if you have read up on the subject, links to the threads that confused you would help your "story".
It's called a Mini-me, you can search and find all the info you could possibly need. Some more research might even convince you that you don't need a mini-me for 400HP.

im here to help me with my build i have nothing to sell... if i were out to sell something i would use ebay or other selling sites.
Well then you should start by reading some of the stickies and doing some searching in the FI section. All this really has been covered!

wait!!!! first question what is the budget for this build???
from here will start the path to knowledge and understanding of how 400hp can be achieved
This is a great place to start! You don't need a sleeved block for 400WHP. I'm not even convinced you need a BG for 400WHP. Vitaras on a set of rods will get you 400WHP. If you have the budget for sleeves, you should at least do it up right with some forged pistons.

Have you searched enough to know you're not getting this 400WHP on pump gas? That you really may not even need any head work (although that will help....) It's all been discussed here! Questions are one thing (should I run a 59300 or a 59500?), but you need to do a little more research too.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
throw the motor together and crank the boost to 45psi. you may only get one pull. but im sure youll reach your 400 hp mark :O

j/k. that they said^^ budget si a big factor.
also. i wouldnt sleeve a vitara motor. however you can look into adding a block guard

1 - 20 of 32 Posts