Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys every time i bolt up my t25 to my car for a mock up i find something that wont work or will be really hard so let me explain my setup first then explain what i was thinking

sr20det t25 replacement turbo
go autoworks ramhorn with t3 flange
custom welding my intercooler piping
t3 to t25 adapter

ok so i have my cold side piping all welded up and ready to go.Yesterday i did a test fit with my manifold and turbo so i could weld up my hot side piping and found out that with the turbo clocked downwards my piping is to low( as in lower than my stock tow hooks which are already bent up from the previous owner.) If i clock it toward the front of the car it sits to far into the radiator support to exit in front of the wheel.Also my drain line was way to long so i bought two -8an 45 deg push lock fittings and some hose only to find out that the turbo sits so low that the fittings hit each other so i need to figure something out.

Please give me some opinions on what i should do, i would much rather sell my turbo and get a new one than to sell my ramhorn or hack off the flange and have t25 flange welded on.

ok so to start off my power goal is 170-200hp for now. i was reading a couple compressor maps last night to try and figure out a good turbo but im not going to lie the shits confusing me, i cant figure out the difference between the trim and all the different AR ratios posted with the turbos. Im looking for something that spools fast and will maybe max out around 275hp for future purposes.I want an external waste gate with a T3 flange and I am also wanting a water/ oil cooled, not just oil but all im finding on ebay is oil cooled turbos. i would like to buy a good brand but i dont know if im willing to spend another $500+ on my build just for a turbo so here are a couple i was looking at on ebay

GODSPEED t3 turbo/42 comp/48 trim/t3/4 bolt exhaust/ 300hp+ | eBay

T3 "45 "TRIM TURBO CHARGER + OIL LINE+DOWN PIPE FLANGE | eBay

if i can afford it how would this garret work out, would it spool fast
Garrett A/R50 T3 RB25 Upgrade Hybrid Turbo Turbocharger | eBay

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maybe your adapter is setting the turbo to low. Heres my 2 cents. If u already have a go-autoworks ramhorn. Look into the precision entry level turbos that go-autoworks sells. Possibly the pte 4854 with .48 a/r exhaust good for 355hp. I run the same manifold but a bigger turbo. The price is higher but well worth the money. Ebay turbos "work" but their not efficient and your gunna eventualy want to go bigger with your setup like everyone.spend the money now on good products so u wont have to do it twice

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes im positive i will want more out of my car later on, and if i sell my turbo now i guess i would only need 3 or 400$ more but i dont want anything to laggy i want my power to start around 2500rpm at the latest. would that garret i posted last be a good option?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I could be wrong but i dont think its a real garret turbo made by garret. The compressor side looks exactly like my old t3/t4 "50" trim but a diff exhaust houseing instead of the 5 bolt. I also didnt see the garret name anywhere on that turbo in the pics. i think the precision turbo i pointed out would do everything u want it to. I run the pte 3231E and love it. Didnt break the bank and sounds like it will suck the car nxt to me into it haha

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Told ya the adatper will put the turbo low.
You have to either sell the manifold or sell the turbo, only choices.
An ebay t3 is ok and i hear spool good. Most people get around 300whp out of them so it will meet your goal. You just gotta get a wastegate.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex Turbo
1,826 Posts
I run a Garrett T3 60 trim (not a super 60) and on 7 psi I made 211 whp. I get full boost by 3200rpm. 7 psi from this turbo was able to flow 18lbs of air. 20 psi would still be efficient and would flow 29lbs of air. Once I get my built engine in I'll be shooting for 275-285whp on whatever efficient psi gets me there.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I might just just try to sell my turbo with the adapter and oil feed plus the hot side pipe I made for it , then just get the precision turbo mentioned probably

1 - 7 of 7 Posts